By Michael Cain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skydiving Logbook is a logbook application dedicated to people that like to jump out of things that fly, or off of things that don't fly.
* Log jumps with jump #, date, DZ, aircraft, gear, jump type (bellw/rw, freefly, etc), exit/deployment altitudes (feet or meters), delay, cutaway, notes, and a diagram!
* Have licensed skydivers sign entries in your logbook using the iPhone's touchscreen
* View stats including total jump count, total freefall time, cutaways, etc
* Manage your gear including components/serial #'s, and service reminders (i.e. repack due next week)!
* Manage your DZ's, set one as your home DZ
* Manage your aircraft, with 15 or so built in aircraft
* Calculate wing loading, desired canopy size, and extra weight needed to target a desired wing loading
* Import/export for backing up, transferring, and printing your logbook
* Logbook history section for entering previous freefall time and number of cutaways.
This application is free and always will be. Please feel free to send suggestions, or if you're a crafty iPhone developer, feel free to offer your assistance!
What's New in Version 1.13
I really like the simplicity and ease of this app compared to the few other skydiving logbook apps out there. Granted an instructor cannot sign off on this electronic version but that's what the paper log books are for. This is perfect for an electronic backup of my jumps! Thank you!
Needs some work
Generally works well.
It does need to give the accuracy readings in meters, or at least give the choice during entry of the data.
Also, when choosing gear, the interface is different then during the entry of all the other items.
I have been using this for a year now and it's much better than a paper book! The best part is I can export to Dropbox so I never lose my records!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 14, 2014
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Cain
- © 2013 Tom Cain
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.