Microsoft OneDrive - Cloud storage for files & photos
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go.
• Quickly open and save OneDrive files in Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
• Easily find photos thanks to automatic tagging.
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited.
• Share albums of your favorite photos and videos.
• Highlight, annotate, and sign PDF files in your OneDrive.
• Access your most important files offline.
What's New in Version 7.5
Under the hood stability improvements in this release. More features are on their way, but the Force was strong with our last release:
• Get to your organization’s on-premise files from your mobile device with SharePoint Server 2013 and 2016 support. Open, edit, even offline all of your most important files. Note: This is only compatible with Windows authentication (NTLM) and Forms-based authentication. Talk with your IT admin for more information.
• We are also excited to announce the release of Microsoft SharePoint for iOS. To help you get started, we have introduced single sign on integration between both OneDrive and SharePoint. The SharePoint App is available now!
• Following your most important sites is now just one tap away.
• Having trouble signing in? You can now shake your device and report the issue. We now support both consumer and work accounts.
Where are my files?
The app has seen several improvements in features in recent updates, but it is still infuriating in not reliably handling its primary functions. Case in point... today I received a Word file via email. I used the OneDrive extension to save it to a folder so I can work on it with Word for iOS. It saved the file just fine, but then when I look in the folder to be sure, the file isn't there. I know it actually is there because I can login to OneDrive in the web browser on my desktop computer. It shows all five of the files I expect in that folder. All five files have also been synced to my desktop. But when I look in OneDrive for iOS, it only shows two file in that folder. Pulling down for a refresh does nothing, nor does forcing the app closed and reopening it. Forget fancy features... if a file manager does not show you the files that are there, then what good is it?
The 'conflict' problem replaced by annoyance
We have paid $99 yr for 4 yrs now, and I'm still at the end of my patience. If I work on a sheet on one device (all Apple, iPad Mac iPhone), close & save the sheet, then open it on another, stupid Msft product no longer makes it 'read only', rather it makes a device named copy, deluding user into thinking they still are in the current copy. I get that they built it for groups of people, but even there you'd think individuals might work on more than one device.
I have contacted them a number of times. It's share-ability and intrinsic backup makes it worthwhile, and we still prefer Word & Excel to alternatives, but I'm now rating 3 stars because I would switch if I could.
Moving on to DropBox
I got an Office 365 license when Microsoft promised unlimited storage. Then Microsoft reverted back to 1TB. Nice bait and switch...
My Windows 10 computer couldn't sync. Rather than figure out the problem, the Microsoft tech made me create a new account and manually migrate my files to it. Now the new account won't sync either. I don't have the patience to deal with Microsoft unhelpful support again.
I also have problems that if images look similar on my iPhone, OneDrive seems to only upload one of them. Never mind these "similar" images were pictures of invoices with different numbers. A picture is a picture, right? Wrong, Microsoft. Last strike and you're out. Heading to DropBox.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 02, 2016
- Version: 7.5
- Size: 75.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365$6.99
- OneDrive + 100$27.99
- Office 365$9.99