Microsoft OneDrive – File & photo cloud storage
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go.
• Quickly open and save OneDrive files in Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
• Easily find photos thanks to automatic tagging.
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited.
• Share albums of your favorite photos and videos.
• Highlight, annotate, and sign PDF files in your OneDrive.
• Access your most important files offline.
What's New in Version 8.0.1
- We've streamlined our UI to put the focus on your files. This includes a simplified folder design and putting all the key commands together in one place.
- You can now share links to your folders from your work or school account.
We also fixed several bugs and crashes including:
- Crashes on iOS 10 for Microsoft Intune users or when rapidly scrolling through your files
- A crash when attempting to open spreadsheets or large files in the app
- Improved stability when editing a tag
- Fixed an issue with Touch ID failing on iOS 10
This wouldn't be possible without your feedback. If you run into any issues please shake your device and let us know.
6s/iPad mini 4, iOS 10.x
I'll keep this short and sweet. Not the best approach since (1) files (eg, .doc and .pdf) constantly rearrange themselves after being accessed; (2) the app does not allow users to see the entire filenames (a problem if your firm has similarly-titled files distinguished by certain words, numbers, etc. or files with lengthy names); (3) Word docs, of all file types, are distorted when viewed from within the app; one should not have to access another app (Word) for .doc viewing in order to get a normal view; and (4) the app requires frequent logins. Minus one star for each. That only leaves one.
UPDATE: the fifth and final issue is that the processing gear symbol (next to the LTE/wifi icon) on my iOS devices is active constantly during use; raises concerns about power consumption. As an aside, it appears that the frequent login issue has been resolved in the latest update.
UPDATE 2: now the "available offline" screen has been invaded by a useless menu that takes up 2/5ths of the screen. Incomprehensible. It's like they're trying to make people hate using the app.
Revolutionary for schoolwork
As a grad student, this has been absolutely invaluable to me. I have to read many many articles and studies each week for class, and instead of printing them out and trying to keep track of all of them, I keep them all neatly organized on one drive and view them on my iPad....but that's not all. This app has wonderful built in tools that allow me to highlight, draw, and insert text so I can write and make notes on all the articles I upload. Everything for all my classes is conveniently available at any time from my iPad now, and edits on here show up on my desktop too. OneDrive and OneNote have changed my school work completely and for the better
Much improved ... needs more work
1) FOLDERS: finally these display without showing the contents, which had been so unprofessional.
2) EDITING: oddly cannot recognize that you have worked on your own document, just from a different device, and OneDrive tells you another person has been editing. "Save" process is unclear and laborious -- especially if you don't want the dangerous auto-save feature -- and needs to be cleaned up.
3) PHOTOS: OneDrive continues to organize photos, which I no way want to happen. And so I have had to shut off the camera upload. Why a company doesn't leave your photos alone is beyond me, but at least OneDrive it is not as bad as Google Drive, which actually animates pictures of a dead loved one, and then proudly and insensitively presents them to you.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2016
- Version: 8.0.1
- Size: 168 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365$6.99
- Office 365$9.99
- OneDrive + 100$27.99
- Office 365$5.99
- Office 365$7.99