SkyDroid - Golf GPS
By Folla Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyDroid - Golf GPS gives you your distance to every green on the course and more. Golf GPS that is easy to use, has a beautiful design, and there are no subscription, usage or course download fees.
We have over 20,000 courses available, with new courses being added every day of the year. You can view the entire course list on our website: www.skydroid.net.
Add new courses (if yours is missing) to our system using our web based Course Mapper tool (see skydroid.net for details and tutorial).
Feel free to contact us with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: See our usage note below for help on searching for courses.
• Clean and Clear design
• Distances to the front, center and back of every green on the course
• Distances to course features (water hazards, bunkers, target points)
• Satellite image of every green and course
• Shot Tracking: Track the distance of your drives!
• Find your distance to ANY point on the course.
• GPS Accuracy indicator (tap at anytime to find your exact accuracy)
• Distances in yards or meters
• Auto Hole advance
• Works Internationally!!
No other fees are involved, and you can download as many courses you want without any other charges.
With SkyDroid – Golf GPS, our simple-to-use design will have you spending your time on your golf game, not on clicking buttons.
View all our courses at www.skydroid.net/courses.php
View our FAQ at www.skydroid.net/faq.php
• SEARCHING for Courses: When searching for courses by name, you can just search for "Aug" instead of "Augusta National Golf Course" (leave out the quote marks).
• SEARCHING for Courses: Radar button will find Mapped courses within 25mi/40km of your current location.
• To save battery power, click your power button to turn off the screen when not in use.
• Set your GPS timeout in the SkyDroid settings to control how long it stays active in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• GPS accuracy can vary over time (click the GPS signal strength icon at any time to see your accuracy).
• Before playing a course preview its mapping by clicking the link for the course name at www.skydroid.net/courses.php (best done using a large screen). Let us know of any mapping issues, or make changes yourself.
• If we don’t have your course, you can add it as long as there is a satellite image of the course available in Course Mapper.
• Change distance measurement (yards/meters) in your device Settings.
• While playing golf you will only incur data usage while using the Satellite View screen. Course downloads can be done at home over Wi-Fi and are small in size.
Enjoy your round!!
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Satellite View Screen (Zoom Button) Improvements:
-Choice of Satellite view providers (Google Maps is back)
-Large distances at top, for readability
-Scroll to change features
-Change holes from Satellite View
-Auto-advance from Satellite View
New "Extras" screen (click mini-icon on Course List):
Shows news and other info
This is only as accurate as the maps that are in the system. I noticed that on one course the X's on the greens were not accurately placed, so everyone who uses the map will be a little off. I think this is partly because the maps are created by users, some of whom are more careful than others. I created a map of my course. So if you know the course, you should check the map first, to, for example, make the center mark on the green is actually in the center. If it isn't, it is fairly easy to get access to the map and correct it. You need to do this before you go to the course because the editing has to be done on a large screen of the desktop in order to be accurate. You can fairly freely edit the maps. Make sure you get the largest image you can for placement of the marks. Great program...
App really works
My friends and I flew to Phoenix for 4 days of golf. I forgot my range finder so decided to try this out. I'm as cheap as they get but I decided to throw 2$ at it. Skydroid really does work. I was surprised. Distances were really accurate.
What I liked:
+ easy course search and fast download.
+ the PAUSE feature really saved my battery. I was worried the constant GPS updates would drain my iPhone 5s battery. However if you simply hit the pause button it stops location services till u need it next. Just unpause and your range will update.
+ hole overview (map view). First time to these courses and the map overview really helped to see what was over the hill or around the corner.
+ distances seemed very accurate to front, middle & back of green. I'd occasionally compare the app readings to yardage markers and they were spot on.
- this app does not fix my golf swing 😜
Yes: I would recommend this app
I am a real person - not paid or fake. I've never reviewed an app but this one was worth mentioning. Only 4 stars because I had to restart the app a few times . I'd unpause and the distance would go null even after waiting for a few seconds. Kind of a pain to restart then move to the hole I was playing. Other than that - AWESOME app. Glad I bought it.
Excellent Golf GPS App
I love the simplicity and ease of use of this app. I've used this app for over a year now. During that time I tried several others with fancier artwork and more "features". Several times I would start a round with the other app and a couple of holes in would switch to this app. I found other apps had too many screens to navigate and drained my iPhone battery quickly. I also do not want to spend much time between shots fiddling with my phone... get in, get the info, get out and get my head in the next shot. I also like being able to check the mapping myself. Thanks for a great app at a great price!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jan 24, 2013
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Folla Media, LLC
- © Goldstein Technologies LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.