SkyDroid - Golf GPS
By Folla Media, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SkyDroid - Golf GPS gives you your distance to every green on the course and more. Golf GPS that is easy to use, has a beautiful design, and there are no subscription, usage or course download fees.
We have over 30,000 courses available, with new courses being added every day of the year. You can view the entire course list on our website: www.skydroid.net.
Add new courses (if yours is missing) to our system using our web based Course Mapper tool (see skydroid.net for details and tutorial).
Feel free to contact us with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: See our usage note below for help on searching for courses.
• Clean and Clear design
• Distances to the front, center and back of every green on the course
• Distances to course features (water hazards, bunkers, target points)
• Satellite image of every green and course
• Shot Tracking: Track the distance of your drives!
• Find your distance to ANY point on the course.
• GPS Accuracy indicator (tap at anytime to find your exact accuracy)
• Distances in yards or meters
• Auto Hole advance
• Works Internationally!!
• Audio updates to the center of the green. A great hands-free way to use SkyDroid.
• Book discounted tee times directly through SkyDroid.
No other fees are involved, and you can download as many courses you want without any other charges.
With SkyDroid – Golf GPS, our simple-to-use design will have you spending your time on your golf game, not on clicking buttons.
View all our courses at www.skydroid.net/courses.php
View our FAQ at www.skydroid.net/faq.php
• SEARCHING for Courses: When searching for courses by name, you can just search for "Aug" instead of "Augusta National Golf Course" (leave out the quote marks).
• SEARCHING for Courses: Radar button will find Mapped courses within 25mi/40km of your current location.
• To save battery power, click your power button to turn off the screen when not in use.
• Set your GPS Keep Alive in the SkyDroid settings to control how long GPS stays active when SkyDroid is in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• GPS accuracy can vary over time (click the GPS signal strength icon at any time to see your accuracy).
• Before playing a course preview its mapping by clicking the link for the course name at www.skydroid.net/courses.php (best done using a large screen). Let us know of any mapping issues, or make changes yourself.
• If we don’t have your course, you can add it as long as there is a satellite image of the course available in Course Mapper.
• Change distance measurement (yards/meters) in the app Settings available on the in-app Menu.
• While playing golf you will only incur data usage while using the Satellite View screen. Course downloads can be done at home over Wi-Fi and are small in size.
Enjoy your round!!
What's New in Version 1.10.1
• iOS8 compatibility issues
• audio announcement & playback interruption bug fixes
• enlarge UI elements for larger devices
• other minor bug fixes
I recommend it to everyone
The best money I've spent for golf. The app works extremely well, even better than someone I'm playing with using a rangefinder. I don't know where the bad reviews come from but I guess it depends on the person. It works fantastically in the NJ/PA area. But I've taken in all over and never a problem. Also works on private courses.
My only recommendation is to hibernate your phone in between shots. If you leave it on and the app the whole time it kills your battery. But if you hibernate it there is no problem.
Because of this app, your will never have to buy a gps watch, range finder or gold gps. It app is a financial no brainer because the fact that you can see a satellite view of what is a head of you on any hole and how far out the hazard is allows for smarter play. Can't do that with a range finder or a golf watch. Maybe worth a range finder but they're like $250.
Limited GPS Accuracy
App layout is fine (I prefer even simpler layout), but I have now downloaded 5 golf gps apps on my iPhone 6+ and they are all equally inaccurate. They are all inaccurate enough to not use while playing. They may be ok for getting course layout, but my position on the map is somewhere within 30 yards of where I'm actually standing... useless...
Great App - need Watch support!!!
I have used this app for 2 years and it works great for me. However, I just got an Apple Watch and found that it doesn't support the watch. Guys, you need to fix that or I will move on. Once you lose me I am gone for good...
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 28, 2017
- Version: 1.10.1
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Folla Media, LLC
- © Folla Media, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.