SkyMotion - Highly Accurate, Hyperlocal, Weather Forecasts for Rain, Snow and Freezing Rain
By Sky Motion Research
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“SkyMotion lets you know exactly when it will start raining, and when it will end.” – Business Insider
SkyMotion by AccuWeather gives you the exact MinuteCast™ for when precipitation will start and end for your exact location by the minute. It is the leading nowcast technology in North America and the first and only free weather app to integrate user-submitted, ground-level observations for Superior Accuracy™.
• MinuteCast™: Find out the minute it will start and stop raining, sleeting, or snowing in U.S. and Canada (more locations coming soon!)
• Hourly, daily, and weekly forecasts
• Severe weather alerts and tornado warnings
• GPS-enabled: detects your exact location
• Precise forecasts for approximately every half square mile
• Integrates user-submitted, ground-level weather observations for Superior Accuracy™
What's New in Version 4.3.0
• SkyMotion is now part of the AccuWeather family. The SkyMotion nowcast products that users love are still available. Soon they will be available as MinuteCast™ in AccuWeather web and mobile products.
• Updated ad serving platform: ads can be removed through in-app purchase.
• AccuWeather provides customer care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We welcome your comments, suggestions, and any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Submit a weather observation for your location today!
Awesome app, just what I need and was looking for in a weather app. I have tries a few other weather apps and have always ended up deleting them because they are more "forecast" based, whereas this app is more "NOW" based, as it tell you what the weather is now and in the very near future. You can customize it to your liking to show you changes by the minute, which I kind to be over-kill, every 15 minutes, or every 30 minutes. This app has come in handy this winter with all of the snow storms the North East has been hit with, I have been able to click on this app and get an accurate idea of when the snow is going to start and when it is going to stop in REAL TIME!! Whereas other news apps and news stations all contradict themselves and give you a general idea of when a storm will start and stop, which is of no use to me right now when all I want to know is if I have enough time to make it to the store and back before the snow hits!! So, with all of that being said, this app is great for the here and now and not for the maybe tomorrow sometime in the future at a later date!! Lol. However, my only gripe is... I would like to see them integrate a little bit better reporting for the future forecast as well... Lol. Overall in my novice opinion... Best iPhone weather app on the market... Five ***** Stars
I like the accuracy and detail of the app. It's nice to have a very detailed forecast so you can plan outdoor activities or know if you need to lug an umbrella on your errands. The only issue I have is that it will sometimes get stuck on a location and won't update. The only way I've found to remedy the problem is to uninstall and reinstall. Once that issue is resolved this will definitely be a five-star app.
Sky View App is Great
I've been using this app for about a little over a month now and Love it. It is very accurate and I have not had any problems with it at all. Highly Recommend !!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 10, 2014
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sky Motion Research
- © 2014 Sky Motion Research
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99