The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimized to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalized messaging, and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages, and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, plan or play with bots, add-ins, and personalized features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue affecting video calls.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this game
I love this game u know why... because it is a absolutely excellent game with out it what would I so this game is honestly the game u should bye because without this game I would not be able to text friends or call friends because they don’t have a phone number or more but this game makes calling u r friends possible because again it’s sooooooooo amazing that u can call. And text u r friends and it saves who u called and it’s NOT like monkey and if u don’t know what monkey is u push this button and it makes u call reandom people and it’s also NOT like Omegle it’s like monkey just u text random people well calling and u call people how long u what without stoping unless they hang up but Skype is different because unlike tho games Skype makes u need to know there number thing I forgot what it’s called but it’s all numbers. So that my rating for Skype I sooooo recomend this game it is awesome and I hope u think the same thing bye hope u liked the game as well as I did.:3🦄🐒🍭🍪🧜♀️🐶
Microsoft truly destroyed Skype
If they keep telling you that Microsoft changed. That they are no longer evil and that they are good. DON’T BELIEVE THEM. They have destroyed Skype. Last weeks upgrade now makes my calls no longer work. I have been doing a regular team call every morning at 7AM with Skype for iPad, and it has worked flawlessly until this latest release. Now I get network errors in Skype on every call. Nothing else has changed except the Skype app.
To fix it, I could take the call on my computer at work. But that means changing my entire schedule, from being able to wake up at 6:50 AM for the call, to now having to wake up at 5:30 AM so I can get ready and drive into the office, in order to get there on time.
Oh I almost forget the best part. Try contacting support for a Skype. You can’t or at least I couldn’t, even after logging in, they ask for private details I refuse to give and that the only support option was chat that I couldn’t get into. Or go to their community forum, which again you can’t get into unless you give them private information. Just make chat that you type in your name and that’s it. Screw you Microsoft.
Never Had Problems Prior to the Update
This new update is terrible. I used to Skype on my phone until they updated the iPhone version to this confusing layout. Now I have no choice but to use another group calling app. First off, I’d like to say I’m giving this 2 stars solely because I never had major problems before the update. As soon as I opened the new updated Skype app on my iPad, all of my contacts were gone other than the favorited ones so I clicked “sync contacts” and it put all of my contacts from my iPad on my Skype. Also, all of my recent messages were gone. The last one was from March (yes I have used Skype plenty of times since). I don’t know how to work this new app layout, I don’t know how to access the chat (it’s not as easy as it was where you could swipe once and it’d be there), and I don’t know how to get my messages back. The least you could do is explain why you did this to us, how to use it, and give an option to go back to the old version!
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.