The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimized to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalized messaging, and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages, and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, plan or play with bots, add-ins, and personalized features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Skype is Improving ... Still a Work in Progress
Overall — I am very pleased with Skype. I’ve used it now on a regular basis (making 5-10 international calls) for the past few years. There are constant updates — so what I write might change (for better or worse .... ) at any time after this Review (which I’m writing on October 29, 2018) — depending on whether an Update improves or complicates matters. Usually updates improve — but not always. Most of the time, the technical aspects of my connection are pretty good — but sometimes they are so poor, that I have to leave Skype and go to another application. I WISH there was a way for me to identify WHERE the problem is at such times (ie, with my connection; with the connection of the person I am speaking to — or with Skype). But overall, connections are BETTER than they were a few years ago. Overall, the system of organizing contacts is fairly efficient — but sometimes a bit challenging on non-computer devices to identify and classify contacts into an easy-to-find grouping. THANKS for continuing to work to improve this app! — :)
Able to witness my 1st GRAND being Born on the other side of the World
The year before was a heartbreaker, as we experience the loss of the first grandbaby in the ninth month of pregnancy my grand was to be born on the 25th of February and the baby went to heaven on February 6, just 3 weeks to delivery. In December 2017, my daughter Skyped me to tell me that she was with child once again and of course the worries started. She is a proud Military wife that lives all the way in Okinawa. IT’S not like I can just jump in the car and go drive to see her, so Skyping on the regular was instrumental for our visual communications, so cut to the day it’s time for the baby 2 be born my girlfriend, which is my daughters godmother my daughter‘s best friend which is the babies godmother we all were witness for 27 hours straight skying. It was AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL, as the doctor and staff interacted with us.....Skype...the next best thing w being there.....THANK YOU
OK for Casual Users
Got my account many years ago back when everything was on desktop PC and people on both ends of the call had to be pretty high tech wizards just to make (and keep) consistent connection. Over the years, I would use FaceTime or Webex or various other means to do most video calls, so Skype sat idle most of the time.
A few months back, I ended up sending my phone through the washing machine, so as a temporary workaround I loaded Skype on my iPad so I could at least make outgoing calls without my cell phone. To my surprise, it actually is fairly capable in that mode. TBH, I would welcome a simplified interface like an old school flip phone for times when you just want a quick voice call and not a multiparty videoconferencing extravaganza.
Anyway, for my particular needs (making my iPad into a big heavy sorta iPhone every now and then), it does that fine.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 136.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.