Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPad – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.0
· Beautiful redesign - built for iPad.
· New simple navigation, making it easier to use the Skype features you love.
· Tons of new features, including location sharing, new large animated emoticons, starting groups and chats, interacting with notifications, and sharing and receiving photos more easily.
· Automatically add contacts from your iPad address book
· More powerful search, so you can quickly find conversation content, groups and contacts.
· Better multi-tasking - easily switch between your call and chat screens to share photos, web links, your location and more while you talk.
I went to bed last night with a perfectly fine Skype, straightforward and simple, but when I woke up this afternoon my Skype had updated and became this inconvenient thing. I hate the new look, I liked it when it was simple. I don't want a green circle to tell me if someone's online, I want the word "Online" to tell me that. I don't want to always see my contacts on the left where I'm always open to accidentally clicking on one while typing without being able to just swipe them away. The second I saw all this, I was on Google and Settings and the Apple site and what-have-you trying to figure out how to reverse the update. The only reason this has two stars is because no one messaged me wondering why I was having a conversation with myself when I was talking with my friend because they had accidentally received things sent only to my friend. I want my old Skype back.
I really appreciate this latest update for Skype on iPad. It's been needed for some time now, I had actually resorted using Skype for iPhone on my iPad because the experience was not good at all on the previous version. There's just one thing with this update that has created some pretty apparent issues for me. I receive many contact requests every day (10-20) and all of these contacts are just built up at the top of my recent messages, with no way for me to quickly hide, or remove them. I think this is a big issue for many people that receive contacts in bulk. Other than this, I have no complaints!
The new Skype update is well due. Although, it is worth the wait! I would always have to awkwardly ask my friends if they could make a group call on since I was on my iPad, now I can do it myself. The new UI and response times are amazing. The only thing I would love is if you could pick up calls by clicking a green or red button on the push notification, but that has to do with Apple, not you guys.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 03, 2015
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 80.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99