Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPad – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.9.1
- General improvements.
Practically flawless, but two fatal flaws have to be fixed quickly....
I love Skype, it's nearly flawless, but there's two flaws that need to be fixed ASAP.... One, when you go to check your messages and the message sent to you doesn't load or show for 20 minutes if not more, and when you send a message and the screen freezes, and it won't let you send messages..... Please, fix these.... They're extremely annoying and really hinder the quality of the App....
Want to read your messages? Well you can't.
Love Skype but sometimes it won't load the messages I get or it'll take forever to load. Then it will delete messages and if I didn't read them, then I won't get to-which is very inconvenient! Still recommend it, but they need to fix this problem. Also I'll see the messages in my notifications but they won't show up on Skype which means I won't be able to read the full message.
Skype Update a Failure,
I opened my iPad Air this morning to be greeted with a very dark Skype icon. I tried clicking it and below the icon the word changed to "waiting...". It stayed that way all day. It occurred to me to check the App Store to see if it showed anything relevant. It was still showing the need for an update although the update itself showed "open" although there is an obvious problem! People, you need to do something about this ASAP! Supposedly it is compatible with iPads, but it surely is not compatible with the iPad Air; judging all that I have read from other contributors here, I would say you have real problems and a lot of upset people!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 27, 2016
- Version: 6.9.1
- Size: 94.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99