Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4.
Message friends and send photos in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem.
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPhone
- Skype WiFi
• iOS 5 or above.
• Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini.
• Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
What's New in Version 4.17.2
- General fixes.
This app has gone to hell
Skype has lost all hope and practicality. It eats messages sent between a friend (on an iPad) and I (also on an iPad) and says I am offline almost all the time, and especially when I am using another app at the same time. The app crashes habitually and I am never notified of incoming messages. The one thing I genuinely expect this app to do, it does not accomplish. It has loss all use to me, and the only reason I have not deleted it yet is because it has so much important data in chat logs that it would harm my productivity to do so.
Please endeavor to mend the problems with this app so two people on iPads may message each other. Please make the app stop crashing. Please make the app function as it should.
A way to refresh the log to receive messages that have been waiting for me to come "online" would honestly solve a third of these problems.
Until then, Skype can proudly take note that it has lost an IOS customer.
Mute chat, adding people
Every time me and my friends try skype we can't add each other to a call please add it in pulse sometimes I want to mute the chat but how do you is know there's a button but it won't work unless your outside the call
It WAS pretty great, actually. But now...
It used to work okay after the update, but now it says all of my contacts are offline, but when open skype on my computer, my contacts are online. Please fix this bug.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 4.17.2
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99