Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.30
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
· Spread a little extra holiday cheer! Share a personalized holiday video message with your loved ones. Tap on the snowflake button next to the Skype logo to get started.
· Notifications are now removed from the Notification Center when the Skype app is launched – decluttering is a good thing.
· Have you ever accidentally closed the app during a group call and were unable to join? Now you can easily rejoin group calls.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
Lots of problems 🤦🏼♀️
Well, skype is a good way to text, but the calls can be really sketchy sometimes. Even the texting has some issues. When you text, a lot of times after the update (A few weeks after an update, maybe a few months) notifications don't work even if they're on🤔. And the messaging can be slow, so messages come late and it gets suuuuuper confusing ☹️. Now, calls really need some work. The graphics get pixelated, and the sound gets spotty a lot. And, when you're in another app and you receive a call, you should be able to decline without telling the other person that you declined just in case you don't want to speak to that person. So much needs to be improved, but it has super great potential.
Skype - Continues to Improve!
In the past, I was never impressed by Skype because of a number of problems — so I did not use it much. But over the past half year, I now use it all the time. The app for i-Pad continues to improve dramatically! I now multiple times each week have long conversations with foreign friends (for the purpose of learning languages) — and find in general this Skype app on I-Pad to be superb. We often text as we speak — and most of the time the app is flawless. THANK YOU for the great improvements that you continue to make.
Sneaky way to get good reviews
Sneaky Skype. After each call, they ask how the quality was. If you say anything other than perfect, they ask what was wrong. If you say perfect, they send you to the review page. The sound usually is pretty good. The problem is that the interface is still so clunky, even after all these years and updates. Why do we need a history file AND a recent file? How come some recent calls don't show up in recent but do show up in history? Why can't the iPad version read phone numbers from my contact file yet? Great app for making phone calls but clunky interface.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 6.30
- Size: 128 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99