Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.28
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. This update includes:
· General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Buttons are not working properly. And sometimes it doesnt ring my skype.
Whenever I make calls the buttons arent working properly..like when you tap the call button then its calling and you want to cancel it the cancel button seems not working when you tap it. And when you cancel the call after you left your voice message it still dont work when tapping it. I already install and uninstall the app but still the same issue occured. Then when My hubby calls me in skype it wont ring in my skype even if my skype is open..He'll have to text me in imessage to let me know he's calling in skype then I'll restart the app and I'll be the one to call him.. I already checked and made sure that notification in my contacts and skype are on.. But still having sa,e problem.. Im looking forward for the team to address these issues asap. Been in skype for 7years. Thanks
Business Development Consultant
This app has become extremely glitchy. Biggest issue is calls are constantly failing. I will hear 2 rings & then no sound & yet on the screen it is indicating the call is connecting & then it ultimately fails. Also, I've noticed that the only time that support asks you to rate a call is when it is a successful one; not after calls fail. I find that a bit ironic. When I first loaded the app in my ipad it worked great & I was very pleased. Lately though I'm tired of deleting, uninstalling & reinstalling over & over again. It's a waste of my time. Hopefully the support team will get the service stable enough again to use.
Great value and connection
Skype is a grey value and I have had great connections with excellent voice quality. It is easy to use with wifi connectivity. However, you must be aware if a call is coming, so that you are in wifi range. You cannot expect it to work if you have no wifi nearby. Of course, when you initiate the call, you would be in wifi. I live skype for my international calls which are almost free!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 09, 2016
- Version: 6.28
- Size: 127 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99