Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.25
Welcome to Skype for iPad!
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. With this new update you can now:
· Use Siri commands to quickly start a Skype call
· Answer Skype calls from your lock screen, just like a regular phone call
· Seamlessly store your Skype contacts into the contacts list built into your iPad
· Pay for Skype Credit in Israeli Shekels
· Invite your friends to Skype directly from the contacts list
· More easily differentiate between your contacts and bots in the contacts list
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Skype won't display the latest message in a conversation
There's a pretty big bug with Skype right now (at least on iPad Pro 12.9") where if you switch away from the app and then switch back, the conversation thread is scrolled up to older messages (thus not showing the latest messages). So every time you open the app, you have to scroll down to see the newest message (even if there wasn't a new message sent since the last time you had the app open). Very big bug. I hope they fix it, and then I'll update the review.
Just got a new update that says you can now answer calls from the standby/locked screen. Big deal because when you go to another app or if you are in the locked screen Skype automatically sets your Status to Away. Who is going to call you when your Status is Away? I have told Skype about this before. I don't use this program any more because of this. Poor very poor setup on Skype's part.
There is other programs that work out there
I love Skype, but now that i've updated to the most recent version on my iPad, it no longer works. It says it has gone through the update but is no longer deletable, nor can I even open the app. I do not recommend this update until it is fixed.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 23, 2016
- Version: 6.25
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99