Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4.
Message friends and send photos in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem.
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPhone
- Skype WiFi
• iOS 5 or above.
• Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini.
• Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
What's New in Version 4.17.3
- General fixes.
No notifications anymore!
I love this app so much because it helps me keep in contact with the people I love even though they are far away. However as soon as I updated my iPad to 7.1 the calls drop much more often and I never get notifications anymore and it's really upsetting. I've missed the opportunity to talk to my best friend whose busy such dual has him getting on Skype at different times because I never get notifications if I'm on another app anymore. At first the notifications still worked but as time went by they would only work separate ally and now they don't work at all unless I'm in the Skype app itself. Also another major glitch that has shown itself recently is that video messages do not load anymore and refuse to show up entirely it would be nice if you could add some sort of way to see that your actually receiving one of these messages and to be able to accept or decline it like when you would send media to another person. Another thing I've noticed is that there are quite a few graphical glitches especially with the top bar where the time wifi and battery life are usually displayed. Sometimes it will go blank on certain contacts and other times it's completely gone and you can see the home screen through it which is very odd. Please fix this problem soon I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue.
Amazing app! Except for one thing...
All of Skype's features are perfect in every way (on the computer at least). The one thing that prevents me from making this a 5-star review is the fact that you cannot create group conversations. On the computer, you CAN create group conversations and add people who are using a mobile device, but Skype for iPad is limited in only creating 1 on 1 voice/video calls. This feature of creating group conversations with other people will make Skype for iPad amazingly better. Skype is a popular communication app for gamers; those who play online games on the computer use Skype on mobile devices to talk and play with their friends online. They often rely on one person to create a group conversation on the computer, rather than creating the group conversation themselves, for online computer games get laggy and slow if Skype is being used at the same time. They, instead, use their separate mobile device to group converse. This feature will also fix the frustrating times when the group conversation is disconnected or ended by the host on the computer, and everyone on mobile devices is disconnected, and they cannot create a group conversation themselves. Trust me, this added feature will make an amazing improvement to Skype for iPad.
Be extremely careful buying credits with this app. I wanted to purchase one $4.99 credit for international calls and each time got a notice "unable to process transaction, please try again later". So, after waiting and trying again and getting the same result I gave up. Surprise! About four hours later all the previous attempts were processed! And all attempts at canceling the extra charges by chatting with "Julius" at Skype were met with "there's nothing I can do! We're not authorized to provide refunds, but you should sign up for our monthly subscription!" iTunes was no better. They gave an automatic "we could not process this request". The whole credit feature is a scam!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 4.17.3
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99