Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 6.34.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
Use Skype for international calls? Well, we've just made things a lot easier for you by introducing the ability to edit the country code or the '0' with ease!
General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
Amazing alternative to computer
This is amazing you can video chat to androids to iPads amazing great alternative to FaceTime and your friends have iPads I recommend this over a computer because the ipad doesn't need any headphones or microphone. I have 1 small problem can you make notifications for messages another problem is that it picks up a lot of background noise but that's okay. When ever me and my friends are talking (yes I have friend) we always have these problems: echo weird static noise and not being able to hear my friends. Skype if you see this review please fix these problems and it will make it a five star app.
I like it, but maybe consider this...
I really enjoy using Skype because it lets me keep in touch with my friends, but it's really annoying to have to scroll up constantly to see previous conversations. For example, sometimes I send my friends pictures that I may need later on, but then when I need them I can't find them. Maybe you could add a feature to see all pictures you have sent to a person, or all pictures you received, or maybe add the feature on the computer version that allows you to skip to a certain date? I think that would be useful. Thank you!
Best sound for international calls
I've been using Skype for years, to make phone calls as well as regular Skyping, and it delivers great quality (at a reasonable price, for phone calls). This review is for Skype for iPad, which is how I usually use it if possible for phone calls, since the microphone seems to work well for those on the other end of the line. The iPhone app is essentially just as good. When I'm traveling, Skype is the way I make local calls to restaurants and other local destinations.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 6.34.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99