Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.22
Welcome to Skype for iPhone. Here’s what’s new in this update:
· We’ve made Skype Credit balance notifications faster and more reliable.
· You are now able to purchase Skype Credit in more currencies.
· New connectivity status bar shows when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
· Notifications include much more content now.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
I have an idea
I have an idea for a new update, make it to where you can see when the person is on skype like I believe you should be able to tell when someone is on a skype or not so you don't interrupt their call, it could help out a lot just idea and I would love for it to happen.
In app credits still has issues
Bought credit on the app, the first time it said 'putchased' but it went into the buy credit page with the spinner and it kept spinning. Had to kill the app to get back from that.
Theres better stuff
If you're using this for gamin and just staying in touch with online friends etc you should go get discord, its a completely free app that allows you to do everything skype can and more. Plus it was specifically designed for gamers. The audio quality is much better, and its easier to manage group chats and all sorts of other things. Download discord if you're a gamer. If it wasnt obvious im not gonna get payed to put this here, i just wanna help some people out. :)
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 22, 2016
- Version: 6.22
- Size: 104 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99