Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.11
· New language support added for: Czech, Romanian and Ukrainian
· General Improvements
Needs to re-updated
App is having many problems. Like many others have stated with the issues I will recap so that maybe the developers will decide to fix. Calls have gotten better with clarity but have gotten exponentially worse with dropping calls. Video... Don't even get me started. It is very much pixelated at least on my video end and have heard it is the same on the other, on more than a few occasions. On the topic of text message retrieval and missed calls/actual calls absolutely horrible. I can go more than days before the missed call shows up on the conversation, without having the app open when the call is being made its almost a 50/50 chance that you will get the notification that you are receiving a call. Like stated in other reviews text message retrieval is very bad it lags like crazy and the only notifications about the message are in the iphone banner if the app is "minimized" when the app gets reopened it takes a good min or so before the messages are visible. So to the developers, Id like to see some drastic improvements im currently putting up with it because I'm a bit lazy but I'm going to be forced to look for something better as a military individual overseas... God bless!
This app used to be so awesome until the last several updates, which seem to be more of downgrades. Before, I could send AND receive pictures on my phone no matter what version of skype people on my contact list were using, but not anymore...the app keeps crushing in the middle of a conversation, the messages disappear randomly, not to mention the awful lag.
Group chatting: this is a whole separate topic. It used to allow making voice calls no matter how many people were in the room which was awesome but now there's a limit of 8...everytime I use a different app without logging off skype and come back to skype I have to either wait for at least 5 minutes for the conversation to load or log off and back on..sometimes I see only my messages even though there has been a long conversation involving other people too...
I have a feeling that the people who work on the updates in fact think how else they can mess it up..Instead of adding features like typing in Italics/Bold I think the Skype Team should focus more on performance issues. Seriously, this is very frustrating!!! I hope this gets fixed ASAP.
All in all I don't have too many problems with this app. It rarely crashes, sends messages relatively quickly, etc.
But a huge problem is picture sharing. Whenever a friend sends a picture it always says how Skype only supports its new photo sharing. And that is just stupid. Why would you ever downgrade the program like that? I see absolutely no valid reason, let alone a reason at all, to do such a thing. I use this app more frequently than on my computer considering windows 8 Skype is even worse. But honestly. There's also the problem where you can't tell if a message had sent. A few updates ago it would say "pending" but now it doesn't so I end up spamming my friends with a message already sent.
This app might get four stars if not for the stupid and unreasonable and undoable picture "sharing" "feature".
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 09, 2015
- Version: 5.11
- Size: 63.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99