Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.12.2
Now with support for your Apple Watch:
· Reply to messages on your Apple Watch using voice to text, emoticons or quick prepared responses.
· Start chats with your favourite contacts on your Apple Watch so you can do more on the go
· General Improvements
Video don't work!
I've had Skype for maybe a year or two maybe even three and I have a lot of my friends on here (iPod gen 5) and recently one of my friends got skype on her computer and it bugs us that we can't see each other we can still talk and stuff but the video just don't work and so we switch to her phone and it still don't work so I believe it's something to do with my skype cause in the past it's worked awesome but now it's kinda just going do in the dumps and one more thing that bugs both of us it that I can send photos to my friends and they can see it but when they send me something I can't see it and then that thing pops up about not supporting it I hope you get the time to fix these cause these bugs just drive me nuts thanks
When you think Skype, the first thought should be, a great way to interact with others from a company that can easily fix any problems. What you get is, an app that glitches most of the time, half the messages don't send or get delayed hours before hand, and notifications show up maybe once in an entire conversation. So while you're waiting and using another app for someone to respond, they did ages ago, you just won't find out until later. Been using this app for around 2-3 years now, never once have I been satisfied. But it's okay because no one really cares to do anything about it, just make sure it works kind of on the new IOS and stop. If it wasn't for the fact that I have contacts I don't wanna lose Id never use Skype again.
The app is great for its core purpose - video and audio calling, which seems to work fine (although I prefer my laptop in many cases). However, it attempts to serve as a photo/vid message chatting app too yet those features are bugged or completely nonfunctional. To top it off, notifications can sometimes be abysmally behind or sometimes even absent. Two small things bring down what could otherwise be the ultimate in communication apps.
Hang in there for a fix if it sounds like your cup of tea and you're patient, but know that currently you can call and text as long as you're okay with checking more manually for replies until they get around to making the app work properly.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 5.12.2
- Size: 81.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99