Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.13.1
· See a preview of web pages when you share a link in chat. (Rolling out over several weeks).
· On Apple Watch mark all covnversations as read using Force Touch.
· General Improvements.
I really like it, but it could be better
One problem I have with this app is the group call function, I can't see my friends and they can't see me, though it may be different on iPad, I think. Another problem I have is that you can't add back someone you've block from your contacts, if you accidentally block and delete one of your friends who you only know through Skype, you're not going to be able to get them back, unless you switch over to Skype on the pc and unblock them, seriously, add a blocked-users list. I also have had times where I'm signed out even if I didn't do, and recently my friend who was away from home and was logged out of Skype the whole time, suddenly appeared as Away for some reason, I asked him via texting if he was home and he responded no; then I asked if he had Skype on his phone and he said no. Fix your group call function on iPhones and iPods so I can see my friends and the can see me, fix this problem with signing you out with you doing so, and do something so that offline contacts don't appear as away.
Skype is ok.
Skype is one of those apps that lies between the border line of good and bad. Skype is a good app but also a bad app at the same time.
Skype has some pretty bad bugs that I would like to be fixed. Sometimes you can enter in the app, but it will exit straight out. It will also not let me see some of the texts from my contacts unless I restart the app. It also has some pretty bad notifications. I'll get a notification, but that's only when I check my Skype. Sometimes it will show notifications, other times it won't. The lags are also pretty bad.
Skype is a really good use to talking to friends far away. While FaceTime, is pretty much the same. But I think Skype will be able to earn better stars if you make the updates much more better. Make Skype more like the computer version. Like sharing screens, being able to send contacts, and much more details. Skype will be better if you put a lot more effort into it.
It's good but It needs some serious bug fixes
I really have nothing to complain about personally regarding the reliability of Skype , I have read some of the reviews and some customers are upset over very specific bugs and issues that are not fun to be in and I understand their position they stand in , but on problem it has that I consider a very obnoxious problem is when you are on a Skype call and essentially everything on my iPhone(6plus) device all and every other app but Skype is reduced to the point that it is inaudible or super duper difficult to hear since Skype hugs all of the audio. I have Skype on my pc and I have no complaints other than I had to use task manager just to close the app itself . These little bugs and issues have to be addressed to improved in order for Skype to be a bit more flexible and functional to multitaskers, thanks for reading this far into my rant!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 03, 2015
- Version: 5.13.1
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99