Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.3
- Full iOS9 compatibility.
- Reply to Skype notifications without needing to open Skype.
- Start chats with Skype contacts directly from Spotlight search.
Huge flaw just cost me $200
When you want to call a number with Skype credit you get redirected to your contacts. There you see your contacts and a phone icon all the way to the right. If you want to call with Skype credit you SHOULD NOT click that icon, if so the call goes through the phone. I am traveling and yesterday I made 3 long distance calls on roaming. SKYPE, is it not logical that if I open Skype to make a call I want to use my Skype credit? Or you should have a message like: this call is going trough your phone line, charges might apply.
Second huge issue is the country codes. So complicated!
This app c*ckblocked me, 1 star
When my phone decided to stop working, Skype was my only way to contact my girlfriend. Recently, I decided to go up and spend the night with her (it's an hour and a half drive), so I had to coordinate with her via Skype.
I didn't get any Skype messages from her for well over 24 hours after I tried to get in touch with her. She says she also didn't get any of the dozens of messages I sent, and I know I didn't get any of the dozens of messages she says she sent to me.
Thanks to Skype's horrible malfunctioning, I didn't get to see my girlfriend this weekend. She even bought a new pack of Trojan Magnums, but Skype decided that it would be better not to let us use them.
Thanks to Skype, I wasn't able to get into contact with my girlfriend for a long time, at the worst possible time.
Thanks to Skype, I won't be getting any this weekend.
I'm never using this wretched app again, if I can help it. It's earned this one-star rating from me.
I hope they can get the servers to work better in the future, but until then, I'm going to be relying on text messages. As soon as I buy a new phone...
Cell-to-cell quality has improved!
I've used this app on and off for years and have noticed that the call quality has greatly improved! Skype's handy if you need to make a quick call abroad and can't find the person on any of the other platforms. It's been around for years and I'd recommend giving it a try for both video chats and cell-to-cell abroad.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 85.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99