Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.4.3
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Mood messages - express yourself with a mood message.
- Dates in chat - see when messages were sent in chat.
- Improved sign in - sign back into your account more easily.
- General performance and reliability improvements.
UNUSABLE. The last update is a deal breaker.
Skype was a very useful app and I've used it for the last decade but the last update rendered it almost unusable. The update is sad. Drastic user interface changes with no additional functionality. The excessive presence of emoticons and animations makes it look like a childish toy/game. As the expiration date of my premium subscription approaches, I'm abandoning Skype as my main communication channel for both personal and professional use. For now I'll use Hangouts and WebEx which are not ideal for my need either. Skype for business is a problem because it requires the other party to pay for a Office365 subscription as well. Ai ai ai Microsoft.
Thanks for the new version and hole renew design
There are one problem after the new application that I cannot receive calls or massages when the application is off and there are no options to add notification on iPhone notifications center? I try to find I did not found it ?
It's so important why you remove it ?
You removed the ability to view people's status messages (including your own). You made it unnecessarily complicated and now it takes much longer to use. The worst thing, when calling someone, the sound no longer comes out of the top speaker, so you can't use it like a phone, you have to hold it sideways to your ear. On the bright side it looks nicer.... a little bit.... who am I kidding this update literally just removes useful features, it's horrible don't get it.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 21, 2017
- Version: 8.4.3
- Size: 96.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99