Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.2.1
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
Here's what's new:
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Delete contacts – the ability to add or remove contacts from their profile.
- The new Skype now supports all iOS 9.0 (or later) iPhones.
I think I am about to quit Skype because of this update. It has nothing useful for me anymore. The chose a "color scheme" is a useless feature - who cares - yet it keeps suggesting it to you. And the colors are dumb anyway. Then, I cannot tell who is on Skype and who is not or is just dormant. There is no indicator at all. This was the most useful thing in the old Skype - seeing who is on and calling them. Now I don't know. Second, there was only one emoji that I ever used - a face that gives you a kiss. It is gone. I tried to talk to a friend yesterday and all my attempts failed. The calls were all dropped. Also, although I declined having all my contacts transferred, it somehow added contacts of people I don't Skype with and of some I don't even know. I don't know what else is wrong with it but I am sure it is plenty, while I did not see anything new that makes it worth while. Now my problem is that some of my relatives can use only Skype to connect with me so the solution cannot be for me to use Vyber or something similar. JUST FIX IT!!! You see how many people complain? Why was it not obvious to you how bad this is?
No Mood Messages!
Honestly, i hated this update from the get go, but I can live with it. "It's not thaaat bad," I thought at first, until i got to trying to update my profile. I do not have access to change my mood message, I only have the "about me" which absolutely no one ever sees EVER. My mood message has always been extremely important to me. for years, I have used it to show what i'm currently into, music lyrics, telling others that I'll be away for a brief period of time, making sure my friends aren't worried when I don't message back for a while, etc. It has, for me and my acquaintances, been a crucial part of the app/program that we needed to express ourselves and inform others. Without this feature, all of these new, meaningless add-ons are utterly pointless. PLEASE please please bring back the mood message!! Everyone who values it (a lot of people) are begging you!! Thank you for your time. -rs
WORSE update/version ever
I agree with everyone who gives this new mess update 1star. If I could I'd give negative 10. Everything is horrible, not just one thing. The entire Skype is a trash now. This is my fist app review ever and by doing this (with thousands other people) I hope the Skype team will get their pretty little smart heads back together and bring the good old version back. I have used Skype for the past 10 years and it was great for connecting with parents that live in Europe but I'll be deleting the app cause I have no patience for this mess. Bring the old version back or fix this one or you'll loose users. Thanks
Update: I used the app once since the new bad update and I hated it. As many people said I've already deleted skype of my phone cause it's useless. I'd rather use Whats
app or Viber. Hope MS will try to solve the awful features. I bed they've already seen drop in number of users.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 21, 2017
- Version: 8.2.1
- Size: 91.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99