By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Skype WiFi you can get online at over 2 million public WiFi hotspots worldwide at the touch of a button.
1. Simply connect to any supported public WiFi hotspot.
2. Open the Skype WiFi app and tap the Connect button…
3. Ta-da! You’re now connected to the internet (wasn’t that easy?).
You’re now free to browse the web, check your email or enjoy free calls and messages to all your friends and family with the Skype app – remember, it’s a different app to the Skype WiFi one. ;)
• Pay only for the minutes you use and avoid those expensive all-day internet passes.
• No matter what hotspot you’re connected to, pay using your Skype Credit so you never have to fill out another complicated sign up form.
• And so there’s no unexpected surprises, Skype WiFi will automatically disconnect after 30 minutes in case you forget to disconnect.
• iOS 7 or higher
• WiFi connection to compatible network
• Skype Account or Microsoft account
• Skype Credit in your account
Skype WiFi is provided by 3rd party WiFi operators around the world.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Improved performance and fixes
Waste of Time
Installed the app, watched the install timer go around the circle, it appeared to have finished installing and the 'OPEN' button appeared, but when I click on it, NOTHING HAPPENS. The app does not show up on my desktop anywhere, but found it on my Settings-Usage list, deleted it, and started over: installed, click on 'open', NOTHING HAPPENS, find it in my setting-usage list and delete. Rinse and repeat. I am suspicious of all positive reviews here; they're probably fake. Meanwhile I see others having same problems I had. Note I have never, ever, had a problem with any app I've installed until now.
WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS APP SUPPOSED TO DO AND HOW DOES ONE GET IT TO DO IT?!?!? It's total crap
So beyond awesome!
I call my sister in the Philippines every now and then. Skype minutes are better and way cheaper than using calling cards for international calls. I can hear her voice loud and very clear. I'm so glad I found you. Thank you Skype!!! I'm a fan!!!
Since I went to IOS 8 my Skype has not been working properly so I downloaded this thinking it might be a fix. NOT
It gave me the message that I was already on line and I can't figure out why I should need it when I've been with Skype making free VIDEO calls and "skype out" calls internationally. What is this? I deleted it right away but hope they haven't stored my email and password now.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 23, 2014
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.