Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.14
· Share locations with friends and family using the paperclip icon in chat. Share your current location or the location of a place you're chatting about.
· General Improvements.
I think that Skype is amazing! I think that it's user friendly! I only use Skype for one reason, and that's to talk to my friend until she gets her iPhone fixed. Everything is very smooth, but I never get a notification saying that she called. She could literally call 10 times and wouldn't know until I open the app to call her, or she kiks me saying she called. That can get very annoying. Plus, when we do talk almost always there will be technical difficulties. Like, she can't see me or I can't see her. She can't hear me or I can't hear her. Or the calls will just randomly drop. We're both well within service. Both have outstanding routers so I can't understand why there are so many issues with this. But when we can finally get it working, it works like a charm!
Error Message: 'Cannot Connect to Microsoft'
Problem: 'Cannot connect to Microsoft'
iPod 5th Generation; IOS 8.4; 10 Months Old; 1 GB of hard disk remaining; last boot was 4 days ago.
Verizon; Private wifi; Strong signal; Speed is fairly fast; Current status is active.
Opened app and was asked to sign in.
After entering account information, was informed that Microsoft Terms had changed.
Tapped continue. Got Error message saying that app couldn't connect to Microsoft.
Shut off Wifi and then turned it back on.
Re-set proxy settings to factory default (when first connected to wifi).
Attempted to sign in again.
Reallocated RAM; Memory usage is ok.
Attempted to sign in again.
All attempts failed.
Please note that every time a change is made, the app is fully closed out and completely relaunched.
This application was working very, very well on my iPod until the last update, which was approximately an hour ago. It's sad to see a great app malfunction, but it happens ; ) If the problem is fixed and the app runs smooth, 5 stars + kudos to you hard-working people : )
Always loved Skype and always will < 3
It doesn't even deserve one star...
Overall, the app is smooth and easy to use. It's designed well.
However, the notifications need work. I get a notification from a message about ten minutes after it was actually sent. Other times I get no notification or multiple for the same message. I'd understand these issues if I was using, let's say, 3G. But nope, even on wifi it's awful.
Another thing is that if you're not on the app when you get a call, it doesn't vibrate, so more than half the time i miss it.
Also, when I miss a call, it doesn't appear right away. It takes another ten to twenty minutes for that to appear.
Not to mention the display of who is online isn't acurate.
Yet another problem; Privacy! You can't delete a message that's over an hour old. Why? There's no reason for the time limit. Obviously message deletion isn't difficult to do or the feature wouldn't be there in the first place. The time limit is just Microsoft being incompotent.
If there was a better alternative I wouldn't be using Skype.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 79.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99