Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.9.1
Great app but not updating on other computers
It is a great app still needs improvement in the speed,update on other sesions(computers), and let ipads and iPhones comunicate with a group.
So, For the speed the issue is that if I do a group of more than 4 it starts to slow, it really needs to improve. Secondly, i recently updated my profile picture in my computer and then i look up the Skype app For my iPhone and my last profile pictures was not updated in my iphone skype app, but in my computer the profile picture changed (because i did it from there), another thing is that if i change my status (for example from online to AWAY) in my iphone and then i look up in my computer if it change correctly but it did not change in the computer but did change on my iphone, so it needs to update constantly and automatically, like for example if i change my status in my iphone it does not change the last status does not disappear, those are the only issues that i see between my Iphone and computer (i have the same profile on both), I LOVE IT!
Glitches before, better now?
The version previous to this update was at times having random glitches such as displaying everyone as offline, displaying people as offline after showing that they were online for a few seconds, and not notifying me of messages.
The other reviews made me a little apprehensive to download the new update, but I figured nothing can be worse than the app barely being usable, so I took a chance.
Right away I noticed the 'offline' issue was solved, however, I haven't been able to check if receiving messages was too.
I constantly use this app as Skype is my main source of communication and I'm not always on my computer to use it. When working properly, I'd totally give this 5 stars for all the times I've used it, but due to recent bugs, I lowered it. At the same time, I didn't lower it by much as one of the issues was fixed. I hope that the glitches won't return in the future.
Great for International Calls
Since the dawn of Facetime I haven't used Skype as much as I used to, and well, I've never used the chat function either. However, buying Skype credit is my go-to when it comes to calling my folks back home. $5 of Skype credit goes a long way, giving you the freedom to call landlines and actual mobile numbers all over the world instead of having to rely on pricey call rates. It feels like any other phone call! As long as you have a good connection or signal, you're all set.
I do have to admit that it would be more convenient if you could access all of your phone's contacts from the app for calling purposes--not just the ones that have a Skype account.
Still, Skype is a total essential.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 26, 2016
- Version: 6.9.1
- Size: 98.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99