Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.12.2
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- A new and improved design.
- Support for iPhone X.
- Camera fixes - fixed an issue where the front and rear camera would sometimes have trouble switching during a call.
- General performance and reliability improvements.
Skype is Dead... Time to Move On
Skype team, I've been patient. When I lost the ability to sign in to my original Skype account about two years ago, I said "okay, that's fine" and I created a new one with my Facebook. There were some hiccups, but it worked fine for about a year. Then, with a new update I lost the ability to log into the account I created with Facebook. Begrudgingly, I created a new Microsoft account as suggested. Logged in with my *new* new account. And now, with this new update, I can't even search or add contacts. Neither on Mac or on iPhone! The UI is horrendous and convoluted. Cortana and all the bots are annoying. Tons of frustrated users are posting in the community and no one is reaching out with answers. You've created quite possibly the worst and most unusable update for an application I've ever seen. From here on out, I guessing I'll be using FaceTime, WhatsApp and Google. Microsoft has shot itself in the head with this one. Well done.
Skype is an amazing and efficient app for communication. I love the app, but I honestly don't think it will ever work for me again. I keep trying and trying. Even in different locations. It keeps saying "Unable to sign in, please check your internet connection and try again." I honestly don't understand.
I've tried and tried everything to get this app to work, but it just won't. It's depressing to be honest. I really miss Skype, and the people I could message with it. I'm afraid that some people I just will never talk to again because Skype no longer will let me log in or use the app.
Again! Even after the new update this app still refuses to log me in. The same thing keeps happening and I'm tired of it. I need those messages back! You'd think updates would actually HELP with this...
Speaker is not working
I phone 7 plus. If you have a subscription and you are on the phone on one line and then another call comes in and you don't answer. You lose the voice from the first call whenever the second call stops. So you have to blog and unplug the headphones to get the voice back.
In another case. When you don't use headphones and you use the phone calls speaker on your ear while having a phone call and then someone else calls you the sound of the first call go to the loudspeaker which is inconvenient because you don't wanna make the voice go in the whole room. Please fix
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 8.12.2
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99