Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.15
Welcome to Skype 6.15 for iPhone and iPod! We are working hard to make Skype even better for all your calls and messaging. This update contains:
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please continue to send us feedback from within the app or via the Skype Community We are listening!
I love Skype, with the recent up dates and everything. Something I don't like is that I no longer can see if someone has read the message or not. I would love to have that feature back. Also I have noticed that when I'm in video chat it freezes a lot and also the voice is very modulated. It may be from me skyping a long distance but I don't think that should effect it. I'm not skyping farther than 1,200 miles from me. It's not my wifi or there's, as we both have pretty great quality wifi. Just something to look out for.
Hello. Skype has been getting worse and worse. When the App is not immediately active, calls are missed, messages are missed, group conference calls sometimes work sometimes not, and now it asks for feedback on each and every call - it would be great to turn off that option or decrease the frequency of that request, as most Skype call quality is dependent on Internet quality. Please please fix this app Microsoft! It used to be so good, now it's just poor.
Thank you for the best app ever
Love the app but only if the international calls could be cheaper. It's just like using a regular phone. Don't you have free minutes when using Skype most of the time. I hope that could happen because minutes are expensive international🙁
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 28, 2016
- Version: 6.15
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99