Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.28
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. This update includes:
· General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
I'm in Aruba right now and Skype is working a whole lot better than my other telephone apps
I just downloaded the Skype app to my telephone. I've had it on my iPad for years. I tried to call some of my friends on my magicJack app and one lady didn't answer because she said it said that I was calling from Russia. Another person that I was trying to talk to said that the connection was breaking up all the time. So I try the Skype app. Previously, on other trips, it was not very good. This trip however, thus far, it's allowed me to call a client at home and call my friends here on the island with no dropped words or problems. I'm sorry to see all the people who are not enjoying this Skype. In fact, this entire comment and review is being dictated on my phone Perhaps they should discontinue the app and re-download it. I'll test it on my iPad where it has been already but I am incredibly pleased with the clarity of the phone calls from my iPhone 5. I highly recommend it based on my work with it today and my comparison to the magicapp that magicJack is putting out. Two years ago magicJack was the bomb. This year it's Skype again. Thank you very much!
Skype won't load on my phone!!! Please fix this bug!
Skype is a really good app, and I use it frequently to call and text my friends, but it suddenly stopped working this morning. It was stuck on the connecting and loading contacts screen and only showed one of my contacts, it was on that screen for over an hour, I know it didn't freeze because I could still interact with the buttons, like switching to my contacts list, recent conversations, my profile, etc. But I was unable to text or change my profile info, just sit there and stare at the screen basically, I tried logging in with my friends account and it did the same thing, and I also was able to log in from my friends laptop so I know it's the app specifically that has issues. I've tried restarting my phone, signing in and out of me and my friends accounts, and even deleting and reinstalling the skype app but nothing has changed it, the same thing happens. I find this extremely annoying and upsetting. Skype has never given me a problem before, and I really enjoy being able to use it, but it's just dreadful that the app won't work for me anymore. If someone can seriously fix this I would be extremely grateful.
Being a royal Skype customer thru out my student life
I've been using Skype since I was 13 back in middle school in China, trying to talk and text with foreign friends from chat room to learn English. Now I just graduated from 4 years college in United States, and I'm 22. Only issue came arose ever is the first time that I bought skype credit through US Apple Store, the credit got missing and when I try to take to customer service, it's I'm possible to reach a real person Skype representative. However, after 5 month, the missing 10dollars showed up in my email and after I re- activated it, its good for use. During this time, I've tried several other web phone apps, including WeChat out, none of them is as good as skype under the same network or data. I don't know why but it's overall worth worthy. And I appreciate skype for providing this service that allows international students like me feel close to home and warm in a different country.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 09, 2016
- Version: 6.28
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99