Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.16
Welcome to Skype 6.16 for iPhone and iPod! We are working hard to make Skype even better for all your calls and messaging – here’s what’s new in this update:
- We’ve made big improvements to how Skype works with external microphones, interfaces and devices.
- You can now save video messages to your device, then share them with friends and family or on social media.
Please continue to send us feedback from within the app or via the Skype Community We are listening!
New Update Causes Force Log Out!!!
I've has Skype for more than 2-3 years, and I never had any issues besides a notification issue, but it was resolved a few months ago. A little bit after the update, I'd receive notifications and as I go to review them, I noticed that Skype logged me out, so at first I'm like okay cool, just sign back in.. But it became constant. I have an iphone so whenever I kill the app, or even keep it there and go to my home screen, Skype signs me off and I have to constantly keep signing in, but even if I kill the app I'm still receiving notifications even though when I get back on the app I'm signed out. Please fix this as it is terribly annoying 😫😫😫😫
Pretty ok for Free
It's good, I shouldn't complain, however, for the sake of continued support, I must say that the messages doesn't work like instant as they work with whatsapp and viber, sometimes you hear it on the PC and when you go on the phone, no messages, then you need to refresh for you to see it, maybe some improvements can be made here.
Return a feature
App is perfectly fine I would just like to see the ability to swipe left and right to scroll through sent and recieved pictures like before other than that no problems
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 23, 2016
- Version: 6.16
- Size: 104 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99