Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPhone and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPhone 5.
Talk to friends in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash plus send emoticons.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
- Send photos on your iPhone directly to friends or family via Skype. There's no limit on the size of the photo you can send, so you can share a moment without reaching email size limits or paying expensive MMS charges.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPad
- Skype WiFi
* Operator charges may apply
* iOS 5 or above.
* Send and receive video using front or back camera on:
- iPhone family: iPhone4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
- iPod Touch family: iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation
* Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
* This version works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch.
What's New in Version 4.17.2
- General fixes.
It's alright, but still needs to be improved. The messages arrive incredibly slowly. A contact sends me a message and I receive it thirty minutes later. I send a message, and it says "pending" for thirty minutes. It's quite frustrating when the message is urgent enough for the person to repeat the message several times.
Also, it glitches often and I have to restart Skype whenever it does.
I know this is the app, but I just wanted to comment on how Skype on the desktop does not seem to be updating the messages. I am SURE that there should be new messages, but Skype only shows the messages from months ago. My contacts say they have sent me several new messages yet Skype says that I have NO new messages AT ALL.
That should be fixed as well. I've tried several things to try and fix it on my own, but none appear to work.
Skype in PS4
I would really like to Microsoft for them hear and read what I'm saying and then not just me but everybody that owns a PlayStation 4 would love to have Skype on it so we can take advantage of this beautiful application and get us more connected with our friends in the PlayStation network because I don't own an Xbox because it's too expensive I have a PlayStation 4 and I would love for you guys to put the into ps4 Skype so we can all enjoy
I love this app it works greatly but i hate how when i open my skype on my computer the messages i have already read still apear as unread please fix this.
I also noticed someone sY the iphone/ipad keeps buzzing with every new messGe since the sync update well there should be a setting for that in settings >.>
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 4.17.2
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99