Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.34.1
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
Use Skype for international calls? Well, we've just made things a lot easier for you by introducing the ability to edit the country code or the '0' with ease!
General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
I use this to make voice calls everyday and I'm extremely pleased with the sound quality. I think on similar Internet connections whatsapp and Facebook messenger calls are horrible in comparison.. The video calls are also great quality and now with easy to use group voice n video, I'm very happy.. Video chatting with folks with low internet speeds also seems to work seamlessly- no pixilated view and no framing/ hanging.. Calls don't get dropped. Also love the Skype to phone calling feature
Bug. Another bug
Great port of the desktop version. However, my only complaint is that when I'm in a call and I 3D Touch on my device (iPhone 7 Plus) there is a static noise that is created from the devise. I don't know if this is a Skype issue or iOS issue but it's annoying to me and my friends that I Skype. Thank you, and I hope you can resolve this issue.
Update: When I join Skype calls I am greeted with a weird static noise, then it freezes the call and all I can do is use the chat. I have to restart the app every time this happens, and it happens 90% of times when I use the app. I have an iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 10.2.
Good app, not so good interface
Currently living overseas and relying on Skype to keep in touch with friends back home. When I have a reliable internet connection, Skype works great on my iPhone; but the interface is a real hodgepodge and the way conversations are organized can be very confusing. Skype is a five-star service with a two-star app, but I'll give the app four stars because it does work well despite its deficiencies.
UPDATE: The interface, unfortunately, is getting worse and worse. I used to be able to call friends on their home phones with ease. Now that task is much, much harder to accomplish. Way to go, Microsoft!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 6.34.1
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99