Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.3
- Full iOS9 compatibility.
- Reply to Skype notifications without needing to open Skype.
- Start chats with Skype contacts directly from Spotlight search.
Huge flaw just cost me $200
When you want to call a number with Skype credit you get redirected to your contacts. There you see your contacts and a phone icon all the way to the right. If you want to call with Skype credit you SHOULD NOT click that icon, if so the call goes through the phone. I am traveling and yesterday I made 3 long distance calls on roaming. SKYPE, is it not logical that if I open Skype to make a call I want to use my Skype credit? Or you should have a message like: this call is going trough your phone line, charges might apply.
Second huge issue is the country codes. So complicated!
I love this app!
I've been using Skype for the past 10 years to keep in touch with my relatives and friends over seas! It's much cheaper to call from skype than to use my roaming data on my cell. Sometimes the connection is bad but for the most part it is good.
It's good but...
The app is okay, but I don't like how it's all ways lagging, like when I'm skyping someone it glitches and when the person I Skype is talking it gets cut off. And I have to recall them again cause it's lagging. It's like almost all the other talking programs. oovoo, FaceTime, like all those apps but over all it's a great app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 85.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99