The SkyPro app is a simple utility application for use with the SkyPro GPS Receiver from Dual Electronics, model XGPS150(A/E), XGPS160.
This app shows detailed information from the GPS receiver including:
- The number of GPS and GLONASS satellites in view and their signal strength (GLONASS satellites are not enabled in XGPS150)
- Your current location, or an indication that the device is still waiting for satellite information
- Whether or not the GPS receiver is actively connected to the iPhone/iPod.
- The battery level of the GPS receiver
- Whether or not the GPS receiver is charging
This app will also allow you to turn on/off automatic route recording, and download the recorded routes stored in the internal memory of the XGPS160.
Installation of this app is optional. You do not have to install this app in order to make the GPS receiver work with your iPhone/iPod.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod.
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later
- For use ONLY with the SkyPro GPS from Dual Electronics, model XGPS150 and XGPS160.
Support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual GPS Receiver web site: http://gps.dualav.com
- add cold start
Ratings and Reviews
This is simply an app that lets you know the gps is functional. It has the added bonus of being able to update the firmware. You don’t need this but it’s helpful if you are diagnosing an issue.
I have not used mine in years, it stopped working as the iOS kept changing if you look you will see over a 2 year gap in updates. I ended up throwing it away
Firmware update not available for OS
My receiver needs a firmware update to function with the iOS app. I like the app for monitoring the receivers battery life. Per Dual support, you can only update the firmware using a PC, not available for OSX. So the app is useless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.