SkySafari 4 Pro: Professional Telescope Astronomy! Explore Sun, Moon, Mars, Stars, Planets, and Satellites! Go where NASA space missions have not!
By Simulation Curriculum Corp.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***SkySafari has been upgraded! For more information on the NEW SkySafari 5 Pro for iOS, visit SkySafariAstronomy.com or search for SkySafari 5 Pro in the App Store!***
Looking for the ultimate astronomy app? Then SkySafari 4 Pro is the app for you! Search from the largest object database of any astronomy app, including every solar system object ever discovered, enjoy seamless telescope control, and get NASA’s latest Moons and Mars maps now in breathtaking high definition!
Searching for an app to control your telescope? SkySafari 4 Pro adds wired or wireless control for Celestron, Meade, Orion, and many other telescopes. Point your GoTo or “Push-To” telescope anywhere in the sky, and see the rings of Saturn! Plan observing sessions with Observing Lists, log your observations, and share with friends! More amateur astronomers use our apps for telescope control than any other app.
Want to learn more about the night sky? Just hold your device up, and SkySafari 4 Pro will find stars, constellations, planets, and more! The star chart updates automatically with your real time movements for the ultimate stargazing experience!
See an eclipse now, in the past or in the future! Simulate the night sky from anywhere on Earth up to 1 million years in the past or future! Animate meteor showers, comet approaches, conjunctions, and other celestial events with Time Flow.
Trying to locate the Sun, Mars, or the Moon? Search from our extensive database and track the arrow to be directed to their exact locations in the sky before you. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
Learn about the history, mythology, and science of heavens! Browse from over 1500 encyclopedic object descriptions, 800 astronomical images from NASA spacecraft, Hubble Space Telescope, and world’s foremost astro-photographers! Explore tons of NASA space missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek, for all major sky events every day – miss nothing!
All this is built into the app – no need for an Internet connection. SkySafari 4 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience and replace desktop astronomy software costing 10 times more. It is a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket and puts the universe at your fingertips. SkySafari 4 Pro will become your celestial travel guide!
• 25 million stars from both Hubble Guide Star catalogs; 740,000 galaxies down to the 18th magnitude; 31,000 deep sky objects including the entire NGC/IC catalog; over 630,000 solar system objects including every comet and asteroid ever discovered and satellites such as the International Space Station (ISS).
• NASA’s latest LRO Moon maps, with 8X the resolution of any other SkySafari versions.
• Database includes Guide Star Catalog 2.x stars to magnitude 15, complete General Catalog of Variable Stars, Washington Double Star catalogs, and Variable Stars list containing the brightest and best-known variables.
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Night Vision – Preserve your eyesight after dark.
• Time Flow – Follow the motion of sky objects as days, months, and years are compressed into a few seconds.
• SkyWeek – Daily interactive star chart and links to more articles on Sky & Telescope’s website.
• Advanced Search – Find objects using properties other than their name. Results are sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, and more!
• Orbit Mode – Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly like a NASA space probe. Travel through our solar system, and open new horizons!
• Apple Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – Angel Island, Mauna Kea Observatory, Uluru/Ayers Rock, Snowbird Summit, Trinity Alps, Yerba Buena Gardens, or customize your own!
• Telescope Control – Using your device’s built-in WiFi and our SkyFi or SkyWire accessories (sold separately).
What's New in Version 4.5.3
1. Fixed problem on iPhone 6s where you couldn't select objects by tapping on them.
2. Fixed problem with drawing shadows of planets on moons when moon is closer to sun than planet.
3. Fixed problem with missing galaxy distances and sizes.
4. Fixed problem with displaying Callisto shadow events as Multiple Moon shadow events.
Still the best
I've taught astronomy for 14 years now and been an avid amateur for nearly 40. I've tried many apps, both desktop and mobile. Sky Safari has always been the easiest and most comprehensive, even dating back to its prior incarnation as Voyager. The current release continues to stand far above the competition. With its three versions, it is tailored to meet the needs of a wide range of users. I recommend the basic level to my students and anyone who just wants an app that can quickly and simply tell them what they are seeing in the sky, whether it be a constellation, star, or planet. Its interface is intuitive and easy to learn for general interest observing, but a little exploration leads to a wealth of educational content and amazing abilities. For friends with telescopes, I recommend the plus version, which goes to much greater depth, and can be used to wirelessly direct many scopes to objects that you might never think to look for, including any passing comets. The pro version is a powerful tool for people with advanced, large telescopes who are doing photography. I can't recommend this highly enough. If you want an app that really works, is fast, easy, and accurate, save yourself the effort of trying its lesser rivals and discovering how frustrating they are. Sky Safari is a worth every penny.
No astronomy app better than this SkySafari
Why is this app better than all others? First of all, the tech support is unbeatable. They constantly monitor our comments and respond almost immediately. Forget your hand controler because SkySasfari does it all: alignment, observing lists, pictures and detailed comments of objects and unbelievable amounts of data on each object, The help section includes the equivalent of an astronomy text book, links to astro sights and local astro events. It is also linked to S&T's SkyWeek app. I attach my iPad to my music stand and watch the sky move in front of me as my scope slews to its location. Passersby are always fascinated with what they see and conversations generally follow. It is also a crowd pleaser for public astronomy events. It is easy to use even though it is complex in what it can do. Without this app your astronomy app collection is definitely incomplete.
My dad is an amateur astronomer and he said this was a top of the line product and in tinkering with it it would seem that that holds true. I love all the features and the tiny details. It is a top of the line product just as advertised.
**After using the product for a bit I can see some flaws. I was hoping my father could use it on my iPad but it doesn't have cellular capabilities. So that doesn't help him only my phone can, and on top of that my reception can go out in the deep woods/Mountains and then that mean the app doesn't run as well. Lastly they do an update and expect me to drop another 40$ to get it??? I understand new comers paying a full price but that should really be available for previous purchasers/users as an in app purchase to upgrade for like 4-7$. That whole thing is kinda b.s.
Still a very powerful app and I know they have deep sales every once in awhile. I just think sky safari should respect its establish customers.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 13, 2015
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 1.36 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simulation Curriculum Corp.
- © 2009-2015 Simulation Curriculum Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.