SkySafari 5 Pro
By Simulation Curriculum Corp.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SkySafari 5 Pro is the ultimate astronomy app. It has the largest database of any astronomy app, includes every solar system object ever discovered and offers flawless telescope control. Here's what's new in this version:
1) Tonight at a Glance: the Sun, Moon, Planets, ISS, and Iridium flares in one handy view!
2) Notifications when the ISS will pass overhead, when Iridium satellites flare, and more!
3) Completely new sounds, and a new look to the sky and horizon.
4) Object lists in the Search menu now show thumbnail images. New options in Advanced Search.
5) Updated object descriptions. Every object now has a description!
6) iCloud sync for your settings and observing lists! Change them on one device, and synchronize your changes across all your Mac and iOS devices!
7) An on-line repository of observing lists from experienced amateur astronomers. A "tour mode" that guides you through objects in each list!
8) An improved deep sky database with Abell and Hickson galaxy clusters, and globular clusters in M 31.
9) Galaxy View shows the position of deep sky objects in our Milky Way!
10) A handy Digitized Sky Survey viewer that lets you download images from the DSS!
11) Improved multi-star alignment for telescopes with digital setting circles. Add Barlows and Focal Reducers to your equipment list!
12) Improved 3D OpenGL renderings of the ISS, HST, Ceres, Vesta, Pluto, Charon, and many other solar system objects and spacecraft.
If you haven't used SkySafari Pro before, here's what you can do with it.
• Simulate the night sky up to 10,000 years in the past or future! Animate meteor showers, conjunctions, eclipses, and other celestial events with Time Flow.
• Search from our extensive database, and follow the arrow to objects in the sky. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
• Learn the history, mythology, and science of astronomy! Browse over 1500 object descriptions and astronomical images. Explore NASA space missions!
• Control your telescope! SkySafari 5 Pro adds wired or wireless control for Celestron, Meade, Orion, SkyWatcher, and many other telescopes. Point your GoTo or “Push-To” telescope anywhere in the sky! Requires SkyFi (sold separately).
• Plan observing sessions with Observing Lists, log your observations, and share with friends!
All this is built into SkySafari 5 Pro – no need for an Internet connection. SkySafari 5 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience and replace desktop astronomy software costing 10 times more.
• 25 million stars from both Hubble Guide Star catalogs; 740,000 galaxies down to the 18th magnitude; over 630,000 solar system objects; and satellites like the International Space Station (ISS).
• NASA’s latest LRO Moon maps, with 8X the resolution of any other SkySafari versions, and hi-res Earth and Mars maps.
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Night Vision – Preserve your eyesight after dark.
• Advanced Search – Find objects using properties other than their name. Results are sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, and more!
• Orbit Mode – Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly through our solar system.
• Apple Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – choose from 12 hi-res vistas, or customize your own!
What's New in Version 5.2.0
- Added the ability to revert to the default sort order in an object list or observing list.
- Listed Celestron CGX as one of the supported scope types.
- Implemented tabbing between Time/Date fields
- Always set time & date for Takahashi and SiTech mounts since they require it.
- Enable/Disable the Send Time & Date button depending on whether the mount supports that feature.
- Fixed bug where the left zoom button was moved partially offscreen when a left panel was closed.
- Fixed bug where thumbnail images were missing from the Tonight at a Glance view.
- Fixed crash that could happen when scrolling though the Moons list.
- Other minor stability and performance improvements.
good bug fix AND small
this ws a good bug fix update. All these bugs were submitted at the forum at Simulation Curriculum. Very quick response, as usual. A big bonus this time is this update was small. They have solved the problem on incremental updates on the App Store. Thanks guys!
This is about the only app/ system update I eagerly wait for anymore. Everyone else's "updates' are often buggy or feature downgrades. SkySafari, on the other hand, is usually bug free and always a big plus up in features. This new Mac OSX version follows the iOS version released earlier this year. It adds the "Tonight" feature showing info for the solar system, ISS, Hubble and Tiagong. It also has alerts for ISS passes and Iridium flares. Plus other feature enhances.
Sky Safari has been my one and only astronomy app for a long time. Both for it tons of features for the money but even more for the unsurpassed technical support and active development by the Simulation Curriculum team. Thanks guys!
A new feature not mentioned:
Multiple settings in tabs!
One thing you didn't mention. You can now have multiple views in tabs! Very cool. You can lookup online settings and be directed to special events. They open in new tabs with author selected settings - like orbiting alpha Centauri or the watching the seasons change on Earth from a distance.. All without messing with your favorite settings in another window. Great stuff!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 1.33 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simulation Curriculum Corp.
- © 2017 Simulation Curriculum Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor