By Simulation Curriculum Corp.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SkySafari 5 is the newest version of the world's best astronomy app!!
If you've used an older version of SkySafari, here's what's new:
1) Complete support for iOS 9 & 10!
2) Support for Apple Watch! Everything you need to know about the Sun, Moon, Planets, and ISS on your wrist.
3) Tonight at a Glance: the location and rise/set times of the Sun, Moon, Planets, and International Space Station in one handy view!
4) Notifications when the ISS and other major satellites will pass overhead, and when the planets rise!
5) Completely new sound effects, and a new look to the sky and horizon. A brighter, more visible Moon. Better transitions between portrait and landscape mode.
6) Object lists in the Search menu now show thumbnail images for every object which has a photograph, and also now shows their rise/set times.
7) Updated object descriptions, now with images in-line on iPhone and iPod touch! Every object now has a description!
8) A new Share button lets you share your sky by email, text, or social media!
9) Reworked Time Flow controls, which let you set the date and time directly from the main toolbar.
If you haven't used SkySafari before, here's what you can do with it.
• Hold your device up, and SkySafari will find stars, constellations, planets, and more! The star chart updates automatically with your real time movements for the ultimate stargazing experience.
• See an eclipse now, in the past or in the future! Simulate the night sky from anywhere on Earth many years in the past or in the future! Animate meteor showers, comet approaches, transits, conjunctions, and other celestial events with SkySafari’s Time Flow.
• Locate the Sun, Moon, or Mars from our extensive database and track the arrow to be directed to their exact locations in the sky before you. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
• Learn about the history, mythology, and science of heavens! Browse from hundreds of object descriptions, astronomical photographs, and NASA spacecraft images in SkySafari. Explore tons of NASA Space Missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek, for all major sky events every day – miss nothing!
All this is built into SkySafari 5 – no need for an Internet connection. It's a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket, puts the universe at your fingertips, and is incredibly easy to use! This app is everything the casual stargazer will ever want.
• 120,000 stars; over 200 star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies; all major planets and moons, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites including the International Space Station (ISS).
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Orbit Mode – Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly like a NASA space probe through the solar system. Requires in-app purchase.
• Night Vision – Preserves your eyesight after dark.
• Apple Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – choose from beautiful built-in vistas, or customize your own!
For telescope control, a bigger database, and more features, check out SkySafari 5 Plus and SkySafari 5 Pro!
What's New in Version 5.4.0
- Improved selection behavior when using Apple Pencil.
- Object Info: Don't compute rise/set times or conjunctions/oppositions, etc. for Earth, when viewing from Earth.
- Miscellaneous stability improvements.
Excellent basic star planetarium that gets better with each timely update. I would recommend this app for any amateur astronomer using naked eye or binoculars to search the night sky for bright stars and constellations and the brighter planets
. Also good database of satellites including ISS, and a list of meteor showers included. You can use the app without the worry of finding an internet source, no internet is needed to use StarSafari 5. I like this app ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Great introductory astronomy app
Getting started observing the heavens is daunting, but this one makes it easier to get started. I appreciate that they took the time to write lots of Help articles. Yes. Some of us gratefully read them. Many really nice features to discover so you can approach astronomy from many different directions.
Excellent for beginners and advanced
It has everything I need, plus tons of extra information. I like the ability to simulate any time and place to prepare for observations or to review afterward. It has enough features for my tastes and is intuitive enough for my young daughter to use.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 5.4.0
- Size: 232 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Simulation Curriculum Corp.
- © 2014-2016 Simulation Curriculum Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Orbit Mode$0.99