SkyView® - Explore the Universe
By Terminal Eleven LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
What's New in Version 3.5.1
This release of SkyView addresses a few, small bugs regarding our widget view in iOS 10.
The Universe made easy....
This awesome app makes answering my kids questions easy and fun!! Love it.
We use it at home, on road trips, during special space events, and my fave.... camping!
My only issue, which is fairly easy to adjust, is the iPhone version has to be recalibrated every time we use it. Not hard to do, but kind of a bother when we want info on a 'star' or planet quickly.
Really cool that it can be filtered (or set to show multiple sets of data) to give us info on our satellites, space trash, and different missions from around the globe.
Definitely a laypersons go to app for all that is in our local universe.
You can't go wrong here
This app is one of the best I've ever downloaded. It's both educational, and soothing. The background planetarium-like music sets the vibe, and the knowledge the app hits you with is a slap in the face with good, solid, sky-based info. You'll quickly learn what rides across your horizon with this thing. It will give you a warm feeling as you learn the planets and the constellations that rule your sky at night. And it that isn't enough.... it tells you where the major satellites are! Be the envy of your friends as you rattle off where the hubble, or the space station resides as you rally 'round the campfire.
Probably my favorite app in the App Store
I have never ever gotten so much out of an app as I have with SkyView. Every single time I open the app, I learn something new. This app makes it INCREDIBLY easy to figure out what I'm seeing in the night sky. On top of that, it's accurate, fast, informative, and simple to use. No matter if you are a student, astronomer, or just someone interested in the cosmos, get the free version of the app and give it a try. If you love it as much as I do, buy the full app. I promise you won't be disappointed. $1.99 is a small price to ask for an app as impressive and complete as this one.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.