SkyView® - Explore the Universe
By Terminal Eleven LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
What's New in Version 3.4
This is a compatibility update for iOS 9. We also took advantage of new technologies in iOS 9 that reduce the size of SkyView on your device.
Skyview is my favorite star app. I had the free version for awhile (which is equally awesome) but upgraded to get all of the constellations. I love the music, and all of the information it provides. It will put you in a trance gazing up at the beautiful night sky! Fun for the whole family- my two little boys also love looking up and finding the stars. Only complaint is that sometimes on the free version it didn't seem to find my location automatically, but I'm not sure if maybe I had a setting set up wrong so I still give it 5 stars!
Wanted something to identify objects in the night sky and this is not the one. It portrays a transparency allowing your index apple device in the sky then it will identify the object in the sky. That doesn't really happen, nothing lines up even after you manually adjust to a known objects. It has some really neat graphics but since it can't identify the bright things in the sky, why would you think the other points are there.
Granted it could be my device or I'm not operating it correctly, mane cause there are no instructions. Download neat pictures but that's not why I have this app. I guess I have it because I wanted to throw away some money.
Something I've wanted since I was s little kid
Ever since I was a kid in the 1970s, I've dreamed about being to point to any star in the sky and find out what it was. This app does that and does it very well. It's quick, accurate (enough for me at least) and has been a lot of fun.
Wish I could go back in time and show this to me 40 years ago!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 76.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.