SkyView® Lite brings stargazing to everyone! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 9 million times.
If you like our lite version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This release of SkyView adds something extra special. Working with Audible, we’ve re-created the city on the moon from the new audiobook Artemis. Written by the author of The Martian, this high-stakes lunar adventure is performed by celebrated actress Rosario Dawson – most recently seen in the Marvel and Netflix series The Defenders, Luke Cage, and Daredevil. When you locate the moon in SkyView, you’ll see Dawson as Jazz Bashara, the heroine of Artemis and your “friendly” Artemis tour guide. Tap on her avatar to explore the moon-city of Artemis near the Moltke Foothills and Sea of Tranquility. Tap on the button at the bottom of the screen, and take a trip to Audible to sample the audiobook and learn more. Then return to SkyView because you’ve got so much more exploring to do.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app for myself and it is an amazing app.
Use this app in a pinch to identify sky objects on the fly. Useful and fun.
You can see the stars and planets and it’s tells you the name!
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- 115 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings $0.99
- Stargazing Music Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.