SkyView® Free - Explore the Universe
By Terminal Eleven LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyView® Free brings stargazing to everyone, and it's totally free! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 9 million times.
If you like our free version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this free version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Free and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Free is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
What's New in Version 3.4
This is a compatibility update for iOS 9. We also took advantage of new technologies in iOS 9 that reduce the size of SkyView on your device.
wonderful way to get the most of our sky!
this app is a triumph! i'm in love with the pleasant, clean layout. it's so, so easy to use, and even with a relatively simple design, this beautiful little app is oh-so-functional. i love it. stargazing is a lovely way to pass the time at night, but take it from me: it gets a whole better with this one app alone. it may not be a telescope, but it is something you may benefit from! and really, taking the time to learn about the sky and just enjoy the nightly light show is so rewarding. :-)
Excellent app for astronomy!
This app was great for not only showing my family more information about the super moon eclipse, but about what else was going on in the night sky that night. It was a very nice evening.
Better than I thought it would be 😍✌🏾😍✌🏾😍✌🏾️
This app is amazing it's fun to find the planets and look at the consultations this app is amazing so good I can't stop saying amazing
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 74.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings$0.99
- Stargazing Music Pack$0.99