SkyView® Free - Explore the Universe
By Terminal Eleven LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyView® Free brings stargazing to everyone, and it's totally free! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 9 million times.
If you like our free version of SkyView then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this free version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Free and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® Free is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
What's New in Version 3.5.1
This release of SkyView addresses a few, small bugs regarding iOS 10.
A Lot of Information!!! Works!
I just watched the International Space Station. It was awesome. Brightest moving star, no blinking, no noise. Took about 25 seconds to watch from the edge of trees overhead where I am. But...the app was off in its timing by about 30 seconds. It showed that it had passed already, and I was about to give up, when it did show up. And the tracking of the ISS orbit was off a bit too, although it paralleled what I saw pretty close. I read in another review about this, so I guess it's not EXACT but could be better if a description about time delay was offered. My confidence in looking at other satellites is now off a bit now, if I had not seen the ISS first.I texted with a good geeky friend who is in to space, and he confirmed what I saw. It was great to see the ISS. Well worth it.
Watch the stars while in my bedroom
Due to pollution its hard to appreciate all the stars. Before going to bed (with my bedroom lights off)I point my phone towards my ceiling and pretend to be outside watching the stars. I can see everything out there based on location no matter if im in or outdoors. Plus Great information on the planets satellites and stars. Love it!
So much fun!
This app is a pleasure to use. I love the night sky. My mother in law, my sister in law, my nieces and nephews all love this app too. When we get together we all pull out this app and start finding. We all like it very much. We all use the free version and find it a great resource. Thanks for a job well done,
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 20, 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 87.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2010 Terminal Eleven LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brightest Satellites & Sightings$0.99
- Stargazing Music Pack$0.99