Slack - Business Communication for Teams
By Slack Technologies, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 3.28
• Slack is now fully available in French, Spanish and German, down to the very last emoji.
• Support also added for a brand new way of working with external companies from within Slack.
• And, while we’re at it, a whole new way of handling name tagging in order to handle the exciting world of challenges brought by the two things above.
• Fixed: The numeric keyboard was proving sticky, refusing to disappear after signing into an account with 2FA. It has now been unstuck.
• Fixed: Large emoji — or, “jumbomoji” — will no longer overlap the message below.
• Fixed: When displaying certain images in attachments, the app would sometimes crash. That’s certain types of images, rather than images of certain things. We think. Either way, it no longer does that.
Want to see *your* favorite bug featured in this list? We would too. Send along any feedback to email@example.com, and we’ll see what we can do.
We use in our small law office. We had to write some of our own "best practice rules" (like phone message channels only get phone messages, no gifs in general, snooze when you aren't answering) but it's been a great tool for our office. Easy way to be sure you're keeping up with your team without getting in to email all the time. We love it because if person a has a question for person b, a send the question and b gets to answer when they have the time in their day. Minimize interruptions while also allowing the person with a question to say it when they're thinking about it. We love slack. It's AOL instant messenger for professionals. I do wish it was easier to upload images etc without the comments being a weird title.
Very useful but CONSTANTY frozen
I use this app to connect with Pokémon go players in my area so we can meet up for raids, etc. But every single time I open the app, it freezes on the most recent messages of the last channel I viewed. I have to close and open the app multiple times before it decides to work properly and sometimes (like right now) it's completely unusable because it stays frozen despite me reopening the app, checking to make sure I didn't miss an update or something, or restarting my phone. I have mentioned this issue to other users and they say they often have the same problem. How am I supposed to use a product that I can't even get to open properly? Please fix this issue.
Very closely replicates the desktop experience and then some. Great way to stay in touch with the team on the go. Disagree with a lot of the negative review as notifications work fine for me and the only issue is Slack iOS sometimes taking a sec to sync to catch itself up to the online status if I've been offline. And it's free. And it's fun.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 3.28
- Size: 128 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.