Slack - Business Communication for Teams
By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 3.17
- We redesigned the date separators. They continue to serve the same function (of date separation), but so much more attractively than before.
- Performance improvements to quicken the process of loading, with more on the way, so it’s faster than it was, but not as fast as it will be one day.
- Fixed: Several pesky VoiceOver issues including:
- The entirely necessary ability to add and remove reactions to messages.
- Usefully, the correct name is now read out when switching teams via the Quick Switcher (jump to…).
- When adding a comment just once, the “add a comment” label was read out twice, which was twice as many times as necessary, so we’ve pruned it by a full 50%.
- Pinned message content can now be read.
Want to see *your* favorite bug featured in this list? We would too. Send along any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll see what we can do.
Slack is the best
The Slack platform is the best messaging platform I've used. When we signed up they had a quote on their testimonials that said "Slack changed how our team communicates". At the time I thought it was normal marketing hype. It quickly became obvious that the quote was true of our team as well. It really DID change the way our team communicates, and that change has been a massive improvement. Given we already had good communication, that kind of improvement is impressive.
If it has one weakness it is it can be somewhat odd about getting message notifications on iOS for some people. I've personally not had that problem but know people that have. Still with what it does I'll take it happily.
Also Slack's support staff are great the few times we have had to work with them.
Because slack works on phone and web equally as well, it's a suitable replacement for anyone working mobile as well as for families to text message during working hours. There's not much about the app or the business that I don't love right now. I love the new status emoji feature and I imagine a scheduled "out of office" snooze feature would be useful. Please one word of advice as a PdM, don't let the data alone manage direction, I've seen many products lose their uniqueness and innate charm in that process.
A Great Message Solution For Work
The advertising agency I work at recently adopted Slack and it's proven to be a great tool for messages. I use the desktop app on a MacBook Pro and the mobile app on an iPhone and they both have worked great for me. Also, I've really enjoyed the updates they have released that consistently add good improvements and features.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 3.17
- Size: 113 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © 2016 Slack Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.