Slack - Team Communication
By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All your team communication in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go. That's Slack.
- Real time messaging, file sharing, supporting one-to-one and group conversations
- Powerful search and archiving, meaning no one is ever left out of the loop
- Dozens of integrations with tools including: Dropbox, Asana, Google+ Hangouts, Twitter, Zendesk
- New integrations and features added frequently
- Inline images and video, with rich link summaries giving context without leaving the app
- Instantly synced across all devices
- Configurable notifications for desktop, mobile push and email
- Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive
“There are two types of people in the world: those who have never heard of Slack, and those who can’t imagine life without it.” - The Guardian
“You can tell that the team that designed it really took their time focusing on the little big details. It’s simple to use and powerful at the same time.” - User Experience Rocks
What's New in Version 1.99
- Support secured up for an intriguing upcoming integration. Sounds like the fabulous future feature referenced in 1.97? Actually completely different. It's important to be transparent even when you're not allowed to say what you're being transparent about, don't you think?
- Fixed: A crash would occur on launch if a highlight word matched an emoji. This was emojiist, and has been remedied.
- Fixed: Apparently, people with Apple Watches were experiencing inconsistencies with the number of online team members displayed. This annoying discrepancy will, we hear, no longer be a problem. Sorry, people-of-the-future!
I use the desktop app a lot and it's nice to see an iOS version with most of the same features as desktop for once. You guys did a great job with this one and I look forward to seeing updates come through on this.
FYI: It's also significantly better than Skype for business-related things, particularly the iOS app.
Great for teamwork!
My company started using this app a few months ago. It really allows my team to stay in touch! We are able to start different groups and people can come as go whenever desired. We can easily upload files to share. The iPhone app and desktop version work seamlessly together. Great app!!
Good service, weak app
Slack has definitely changed how the organization (at least, those early adopters) use other system tools like email. But the iOS app's inability to search for a contact when starting a new DM conversation makes that feature all but useless when the team is really big...
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 1.99
- Size: 41.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © 2014 Slack Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.