Slack - Business Communication for Teams
By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 3.23.1
- Congratulations to the eagle-eyed winners of this week’s Spot the Difference competition, who noticed that we’d subtly updated the app icon, but had forgotten to mention it. You win our heartfelt admiration, and the pleasant, warm, tingling sensation of having been right all along.
- Fixed: You can now go back and enable notifications for Slack, even if you initially disabled them. Then, you can disable them again. Then re-enable. Up to you.
- Fixed: A crash which could occur when first launching the app, now can’t. Because we fixed it.
Want to see *your* favorite bug featured in this list? We would too. Send along any feedback to email@example.com, and we’ll see what we can do.
Finally, a killer business app!
Long time user of newsgroups, user forums and collaboration software at work (<cough cough> Lotus products <cough>) and have tried numerous applications since social networking hit the mainstream, so when Slack came around I was at first reluctant and dubious of its applicability to my work. After a week or so of using it, I was quite pleased and it has truly enriched my cross-team collaboration, even with colleagues across the oceans and spanning multiple time zones. My team is more productive and we've got the recorded history of the activities for future reference. The search seems pretty robust but we haven't built a huge dataset to pick through yet. I must admit I have yet to crack open a help file or look anything up about its full capabilities, so it's like an adventure when I try something else out and find it is already in the product. Keep up the good work!
Awesome team collaboration application
I so wish my teams would leave mail and get totally into Slack for the work we do. Slack has gotten so much better over the years, especially with the inline threads and emojis, that I'm not sure why any business, group, our team would waste time using emails. For example, like a few times a week I'll get a reply email that simply thanks me for sending something. In Slack that could be done with a simple emoji. Then there's those back and forth emails to make decision. That too can be done in a Slack thread. I can thank of dozens of ways why Slack is ten times better than email. Wish that Apple would more directly integrate with Slack.
Can't live with it, can't live without it
I cannot believe how quickly Slack replaced email, in our company.
It had changed the way we work -- properly used, Slack had increased productivity, helped build stronger bonds with remote workers and allowed closer collaboration. But there is a learning curve to understand what types of discussions are better in email or in person as well as to figure out the right balance of public versus private conversations.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 10, 2017
- Version: 3.23.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.