Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed: If you received a notification then went to read the channel the notification was from, the Slack icon in top-left of the app would sometimes stay red-dotted until you closed and reopened the app. Even though you had read the message. Even when you were in the channel, reading the message and replying to it. Not always. Not 100% of the time. Just often enough that it confused the heck out of everyone. Sorry about that. It's fixed now.
Ratings and Reviews
Keep every team project under control, no matter its size.
Open. Crash. Open. Crash. DELETES APP!
1. I open slack
2. Slack crashes
3. I open slack again, slack crashes
4. I proceed to tell my boss "sorry, slack apparently doesnt work on an iphone SE not even 2 years old running 10.3.1... and in order to prevent it from crashing I need to upgrade my iPhone (signed their 56 page agreement Los Angeles signing my life away and privacy) then upgrade slack AGAIN" (because "oh it's not working? Have you tried again? And again? Make sure you get in the continuous upgrade and I AGREE cycle, Have you tried rebooting your phone? Yes? Ok try going and getting reborn from scrarch and try again sorry please thank you for choosing slack PLEASE TAKE MORE TIME OUT OF YOUR LIFE FOR US BY TAKING OUR SURVEY!!)... just so I can send a 5 kB message to my boss.... which, apparently cannot send because I am "not online", even though I am able to switch to a call and call out immediately to a friend so I know I have reception (I know I am online). I have cellular turned on for Slack and it still sometimes does not work. Just anither new age crap app. Like anything else created after the internet boom of fake everything where everyone does whatever it takes to transfer money from one person's pocket to their own.
Yikes, that sounds like a bad experience. Sorry about the frustration. We'd like to investigate the crashing, so if you don't mind, please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll dig into it. Thanks!
Love it, Needs optimized Picture handling
First off, thank you slack for a great app. The note taking section to yourself is fantastic as well, among other features. The only reason for the stars is that I have one big issue with the app that I want to see improved.
If there's anything that needs improvement, it's the ease of access for pictures. Sending multiple pictures on the phone app version is very clunky and time consuming. Also, in the app version, once you open a picture, it's very slow to exit the picture. It has a slow, trembling frame animation when it closes that slows the process down (personally, it should have no extra animations - the faster, the better). This gets very annoying if people send you multiple pictures - it's slow and clunky to try to view them in sequence. It should be more like WhatsApp or Google/Apple Photos, where when you scroll one way or the other, you can scroll left to all of the previous pictures that were sent in that chat. I realize Slack needs to maintain its individuality, however, this small adjustment, even if it mimics things that other apps do, would be an improvement. It should also have a gallery tab where we can see the pictures from the chats in a reduced format for ease of access (again, like previously mentioned apps do)
tl;dr: Please optimize the way slack handles pictures!
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 146.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.