By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• When you’re in a lot of workspaces, the app now uses much less memory, and starting up is faster, to boot.
• And flipping between those workspaces is now faster. Not super-sonic, but certainly somewhere between a jiffy and lickety-split.
• We shunted the sign-in page out of the app — it's now rerouted to a new window, for reasons of reliability.
• A new-fangled lock badge subtly lets you know which workspaces you're currently signed out of. Or of which you're currently signed out. Either way.
• Our start up screen, spruced-up and slimmed-down, is worth a gander — as is the helpful way that dates now stick to the top of a channel while scrolling through messages. Though if you don't notice them, but quietly feel a little bit happier for reasons you can't put your finger on, that's cool too.
• It’s been a long time coming but brings us joy to say: 100% less reloading during drag and drop. How much? 100%. That's all the percents, people. Sorry about the previous frustration.
• For those encountering a screen claiming "Something’s not working", it turns out the main thing not working was this screen: it is no more.
• If you kept the app running for a long time, you might be on the receiving end of two consecutive updates. Now good things come to those who wait, one-at-a-time, as is proper.
• The sidebar now scoots considerately out of the way when viewing full-screen video.
• We fixed exiting full-screen video when pressing the aptly-named “Escape” key.
• The blackout caused by a window being closed while full-screen, with one request confoundingly eclipsing the other, has been sunsetted.
• Found: One missing Ctrl-1 / Cmd-1 hotkey. Please call 1-800-SLACKME to claim. Don't actually call that. It doesn't do anything. Unlike the hotkey (now).
• Should you forget what app you’re using, the About Slack window is all new and loads much faster than before.
• Scrolling through messages is flicker-free.
• There are now no more crashes in High Sierra when starting up the app.
• Composing text in an IME (for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean customers) no longer inserts zero-width spaces; in other words, it’s blank-box-free.
• The diacritics menu – the place where the alphabet goes to tries on different hats and accents – no longer adds a duplicate letter to your input once you've chosen the one you want. We've said it before, but this time we really mëean it.
• Pinch-to-zoom gestures could, sometimes, tragically, irreversibly zoom. You can now make things on your screen smaller again without resorting to moving your computer far away.
• The popup that appears when you look up the definition of a word has been realigned to make more sense.
• And finally, sometimes selecting text in the search box would move the window around. You could say… it was a bit of a drag.
• ( •_•)
• ( •_•)>-■-■
Takes a long time to load and takes up a lot of memory
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 73.2 MB
- Languages: English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © Slack Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor