By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slack: On a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
What's New in Version 1.1.8
- Fixed: If you quit Slack while a download was in progress we’d leave things in a weird state that made it impossible to resume the download when you relaunched. Now, once you reload, you can resume that download and that download will be yours forever*. *Or for the internet value of “forever”.
- Fixed: The version number in the about pull down is now copyable text.
- Fixed: In our last release we fixed a bug where we were dismissing notifications too aggressively, which was bad. But then we discovered that if your Notification Center preferences were set to alerts instead of banners then we wouldn’t ever dismiss the notification… ever. Which was the opposite (not the opposite of “bad”, we mean. It was still bad). Clicking on the notification will now both bring Slack to the foreground, AND dismiss the notification.
- Fixed: If you had your mouse set to treat two-finger swipes as forward/backward actions we, well? We had the directions backwards. Let’s never mention it again.
- Fixed: We just can’t get enough of fixing data cache corruption bugs… So we fixed another one, because we needed to. Not because we wanted to distract you from the idiocy of the two-finger swipe thing we promised never to mention agai… Oh darn.
great app, love using it
could you please add branching in one channel? like in flowdock: each message in channel has its own branch and once you click on message all messages except this branch will dissapear, your messages in this branch will be highlighted with same color, so it is easy to follow the subject
Update 4: It regularly fails to connect and is having connectivity issues. Amateur hour.
Update 3: They leaked my personal information by getting hacked. DO NOT TRUST Slack with any of your information. They *will* lose them.
Update 2: This app is not native and doesn’t at all act like one. Shame.
Update: Crappy app and service that let my information be stolen. Useless.
This is nothing more than their website wrapped in an app chrome. This is not a native app and therefore it exhibits all the horrible behavior of a web site (e.g. Opt+Shift+K doesn’t enter an Apple logo). Weird, sticky menus, non-standard shortcuts, lack of integration with system services, etc. Get serious, treat your paying customers with respect and create a proper native app.
Slack is great.
Slack is beautiful on Mac. It also works really well. Definitely worth the download if you use Slack for any reason. If you don’t already use Slack, downloading it will make you want to.