Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
All updates are important, of course. This one contains security updates, and as we know, they’re the most important kind of all.
Ratings and Reviews
Organize your team communication by topic, task, and project.
Better Workplace Chat... But no Dark Mode?
It's a better chat app for work or friend groups than whatever you're probably using. Not perfect. It can be a bit difficult to customize, but it's surprisingly well-featured. A one stop chat app.
HOWEVER the lack of a dark mode absolutely kills it for me, especially since most other macOS apps have been updated for Mojave's dark mode. You can easily install a CSS tweak to enable dark mode, but this is less than optimal, and gets overwritten every time you update the app.
Seeing as a simple third party CSS mod is able to enable dark mode, it seems like, technically speaking, this would not be a high-effort task. Even if it's not 100% perfect, anything is better than light mode.
DARK MODE NOW!
Look.. Developers LOVE dark mode. And a large chunk of devs USE SLACK. I am SO SICK AND TIRED OF MY VISION GETTING BLOWN OUT SWITCHING FROM XCODE TO SLACK.
You have had MONTHS to make this work with dark mode! It's not hard! DO IT ALREADY! JUST NO EXCUSE!
Slack Users: Meanwhile. If ya want dark mode... there is a hack you can do... just google it... but just no excuse for Slack to not just build in to the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.