By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 2.7.0
• The app now stores some login information on the keychain. So if a passerby requests permission (a dialog, not a stranger), do try and approve it.
• File downloads are now pausable and – in perhaps a master stroke of matchmaking – resumable too.
• A bevy of changes to make the app more keyboard navigable.
• We’ve adjusted the app icon, but just a skosh. Putting our best foot forward.
• Should the worst happen and the app fail to load, you’ll see a less dreadful error page and perhaps even a code you can share.
• Like an electrically-motivated vampire was Slack to your laptop’s battery. Put down the garlic; leave the stakes at home: we’ve done the slaying on our end.
• We spliced some wires we shouldn’t have, causing a loading screen to flash briefly after signing into a team. Now it’s as it should be.
• The team sidebar is no longer touch-challenged. Tap, flick, and drag teams to your heart’s content.
• Canceling a running download is 38% less crashy. For when you decide you didn’t need that third gif after all.
• If you’ve set the app to start hidden in your system login items, it will listen to you.
• In a similar vein, if you send a reply from an alert-style notification, your teammates will hear you.
CPU Usage way down
Thank you for fixing the constant 15 - 20% CPU usage and subsequent drain on the battery!!! I had resorted to using Slack in the web browser because of that issue. I knew it could be done, so I’m happy to see it now in this update. Keep up the good work Slack Team!
Update is not only fabulously practical and stylishly decked out
But the update description is killing me. Well done you! It’s supposed to be fun! 💃🏻
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 10, 2017
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 69.2 MB
- Languages: English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © Slack Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor