By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 2.6.2
• Unexplainably, context menus and spell-check stopped working in some teams. OK: we have an explanation but we'd rather not discuss it. It's embarrassing. Rest easy knowing that it's fixed here.
• We found – and cast out – the culprit behind high resource usage while the app's sitting idle.
Type and edit text
Recently I noticed, that Slack stopped to highlight any wrong words (with typos and mistakes) when typing inside the field. Seems like the "Spelling / Grammar" feature hasn't been working since Januay 2017. What’s more, it’s working incorrectly: some of the English words are highlighted in red as if there is a mistake (such as "then", "templates", "kind", etc.). It’s occuring to Russian as well. Sometimes you type text from your keyboard fast and don’t pay attantion to the words, but later you notice that one or several words in a message you’ve already sent have typos, which makes you get back to it to edit. Has anyone experienced this too?
This app is slow, buggy, too large, and it’s a battery killer. It’s a glorified website that runs in a shell. It has a lot of issues and it is getting worse every day plus the company keeps adding new useless features that nobody asked for without actually fixing these issues. (What is the number of people who asked about the battery issues vs. “apps”?) Obviously Slack doesn't care about these things.
More then 10X the energy impact of the next largest app used on my MacBook. There’s no reason why a communications client should have a larger energy impact then all other apps.
Update: I appreciate the response from the Slack team, but this is still painful to bear. It’s getting to the point where I have to ensure I’m plugged in everywhere I go just to make sure I don’t wind up with a dead battery away from an outlet, especially due to a chat client.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Slack Technologies, Inc.
- © Slack Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor