By Slack Technologies, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
What's New in Version 2.8.1
• Previously in Slack app releases: we fixed the Japanese input in 2.6.3. Then we re-broke it in 2.8.0. And now it’s fixed again. Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment.
• Added bonus: An Electron update improving security. A precautionary measure, but it’s always good to be up to date.
Horrible on mac
This app has so much potential. I rely on it for work, yet it never seems to work for me as it should. I depend on my mac for gestures. I love swiping between full screen pages because that’s what a mac can do! That’s what a mac supports! You never need to compromise on screen real estate for any of your apps. And Slack for me needs to be full screen, so I can follow long threads at work, so I can see large images, so I lose none of it! When I open a document while in fullscreen, and then attempt to exit the document and return to my conversation or channel, it always manages to turn black. I am unable to close the application, minimize it, nothing. I have to force quit the app every time. Please please please fix this.
Yo! can you not write your application in electron?
I get it, electron is magical for whomever is programming. It’s a total ball of dirty lard for anyone who uses a laptop. My battery life goes from 10+ hours on a full charge, to under 4 when I open slack. For now I’ve resorted to just using slack in the browser, but it would be nice to have it as its own system app, as long as it doesn’t pound my battery life a sailor in port after being on the sea for 6 months.
Have never hated an app more in my life.
It never works, is confusing and will lock you out of your account randomly. I have spent more time trying to find my workspace, then I have used it. Save yourself the headache and don’t start with this app.