Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your thumbs are going to hurt playing this boxing game! But the key to beating your opponents is RHYTHM. Every opponent has a rhythm unique to him, and if you can match that, you'll beat him!
Please NOTE: This game does NOT work on first generation iPod touch devices and first generation iPhones. It DOES work on second generation iPods and also on the iPhone 3G. It works best on the latest models (3GS, 4). However, it has not been tested on the iPad; and there's been a reported crash on the iPad.
AppShouter.com video review: http://www.appshouter.com/slasherderby-iphone-app-review/
"My overall impressions of this game are that visually it is above average. It would have been nice to have some more animations to make it obvious when punches are landing and/or missing, but the character models themselves havea decent amount of detail. I even noticed that the fighters develop cuts and bruises as the fight gets further along!"
Like two roosters locked in battle in the pit, two boxers fight in the ring to see who can remain standing.
You can beat the first couple of opponents by hitting back
as fast as you can, but that style won't get you far. Figure out what your opponent's rhythm is, and then let your own rhythm resonate with that.
Also, you need to learn when to step back in order to limit
damage to yourself.
* Player has right jab and formidable left punch, hooks, body shots, and uppercuts
* Power of punches vary from most powerful to least: uppercuts, body shots, hooks, and jabs
* Combinations provide even more power, but drains energy faster; there is a secret combination that is most powerful of all
* Move forward to attack, move backward to retreat; move sideways using accelerometer; you have complete freedom to move around ring
* You can corner your opponent if you need to
* Training session included for you to learn how to play the game well
* Watch mode for learning how the different opponents fight
* Configurable duration of a round, from 1 minute to 3 minutes
* Configurable number of rounds in a match, from 3 rounds to 5 rounds
* Play your own music prior to launching the game to override the theme song, or disable the theme song altogether
* Agon leaderboard (see below)
* Multiple profiles per device, portable player profiles
AGON Online by Aptocore
AGON Online is a leading social gaming platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games enabling:
• Online leaderboards
• Location aware scores
• Awards system
• Friends lists
• Persistent player profile
• Facebook and Twitter integration
For more info on AGON Online please visit:
The play is as superb as the physics of punches is realistic!
Sorry about my ignorant complaint. .
At first it crashed and another game automatically loaded. I later realized that it might has something to do with my hard-ware. So I deleted the program from my ipod. Then I went to settings- General- reset- reset all settings . After that, I synced the game along with some other games that had similar problem. Then I unplugged it, turned the tpod off and turned it back on again. Everything works so well now. This game has good graphic and is easy to control. Two thumbs up!
I'd vote for this over Touch KO!
The one thing that I don't like is that you can't setup your playlist within the game, but that doesn't really matter bec you can start your iPod playlist before starting the game. It also does not allow you to customize your boxer. The people who built this game focused on fight mechanics.
I have unlocked all fighters!