By The Slate Group, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy Slate, the award-winning daily online magazine, on the iPad. Slate’s wry, insightful reporting and commentary on politics, news, and culture is now available in an application designed to optimize iPad reading, listening, and viewing. The app offers a clean, easy-to-use interface and includes Slate articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos.
Features of the iPad application include:
- Access to the latest Slate articles and blogs, including Slate’s popular political and legal commentary, movie and television reviews, and daily news Explainer column.
- Access to The Slatest, Slate’s popular news blog, which tracks the most important news stories all day long.
- Daily videos from Slate V, Slate’s video site.
- Slate’s popular daily podcasts, including the Political Gabfest, the Culture Gabfest, and Hang Up and Listen. The app allows users to play podcasts in the background while browsing other content.
- A home screen designed to showcase Slate’s top stories while allowing readers to browse the most recent and most popular stories.
- Tools that let users share Slate stories and features via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.3.8
Please fix this app because I think it is worth it
Slate is good, maybe even great, but for months the send story/link via email function doesn't work. If I read something I think my friends and associates should read, enjoy, learn about, just know for the sake of knowing it, it totally fails.
Fix it, fix it now, not after the holidays. If you are living under a rock with no associates, install it now you won't regret it. If you believe knowledge and entertainment is something to be shared don't even bother. Slate If there is some trick sharing your content make it easier for people to do so.
Slates technical ineptitude is captured in this app. For example they have a weekly quiz which when you view Ken Jennings come-on for the quiz, is inaccessible on my iPad. No quiz on the page and no links. But there are lots and lots and lots of ads and click bait. Similarly their premium offering "slate plus" is advertised as having special podcast content if you fork over $50 to join. The catch is that you must accept all such "special" podcasts to get the one or two you want. They've been working six months to fix it, but don't hold your breath. Good magazine. Terrible app.
Please hire someone to fix your app!
I am a big fan of Slate and love the articles. The design of the app is so much better than going through my PC to their web page. Why 1 Star? The videos will not play and you cannot forward the many interesting articles I read.
This to me is a business failure. I would assume you want to drive people to your site and one of the best ways to do this is to have people see articles that their friends forward to them. Simple! Also, why devote energy to the video section when it does not work?!?
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 3.3.8
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Slate Group, LLC
- Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company. All contents © 2014 The Slate Group LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.