By The Slate Group, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy Slate, the award-winning daily online magazine, on the iPad. Slate’s wry, insightful reporting and commentary on politics, news, and culture is now available in an application designed to optimize iPad reading, listening, and viewing. The app offers a clean, easy-to-use interface and includes Slate articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos.
Features of the iPad application include:
- Access to the latest Slate articles and blogs, including Slate’s popular political and legal commentary, movie and television reviews, and daily news Explainer column.
- Slate’s popular daily podcasts, including the Political Gabfest, the Culture Gabfest, and The Gist. The app allows users to play podcasts in the background while browsing other content.
- A home screen designed to showcase Slate’s top stories while allowing readers to browse the most recent and most popular stories.
- Tools that let users share Slate stories and features via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and SMS.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.3.9
We have many updates to share with you:
- Updated design
- iOS 8 sharing tools
- Fixed a nasty bug that wouldn't let you share via email
- Our latest podcasts, including The Gist
- Stability improvements
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
We're hard at work on the next version of our app which will include Slate Plus integration and another updated design. It will be followed by push notifications, commenting, and more.
Hopelessly frustrated Slate Plus member
Slate is giving me high blood pressure. In spite of my several emails over the past year asking for help, no suggestions work, and I receive constant requests to join Plus, even though I am logged in. At the very least Slate needs to add—NOW—a Plus log-in link to any and all Plus emails, pop-ups, etc. I like Slate a lot, but dealing with this endless, frustrating problem is making me crazy. Why must there be a second log-in? Where is it hidden?? Other ezines' software recognize me. I know that others are having the same problem. Is anyone listening?
Love Slate. The app...not so much,
Why am I still seeing 'join Slate+" banners after I already purchased? Where do I find the login / account information in the iPad app? These are the questions that plague mankind. I may cancel my 2 week trial if I can't get a reply back from the subscription department. I want to support you, Slate, but please fix your buggy, messy app.
They have ruined it
I love slate and have read it for years. Today they started adding a banner ad at the bottom of each page. It is present while I am reading on IPad. It ruins the readers experience. It is highly distracting and very frankly a deal breaker. I cannot read slate with banner ads at the bottom of each page. I am obliged to just not read it.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 01, 2015
- Version: 3.3.9
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Slate Group, LLC
- Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company. All contents © 2014 The Slate Group LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.