By FDG Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PREPARE FOR THE WORLD’S FIRST ENDLESS ACTION RPG
Slayin will test your skills like no other endless game on the App Store. Don’t get yourself fooled by its charming retro graphics and motivating chiptune soundtrack. In this game, death lurks behind every corner!
Your task sounds all so simple. First choose from one of three heroes: knight, wizard and knave. Then slay as many monsters as possible, while leveling up and getting more powerful equipment and spells along the way. But there’s a catch: once you die, you’re gone for good!
On your journey you will travel through numerous locations and encounter dozens of different monsters and fearsome bosses. Eventually, you will even have to face the giant dragon of legend. But he will not part with his treasure easily. Only the most worthy adventurers will be able to complete this task and become a true hero. Get ready for some slayin!
• World’s first endless action RPG
• Challenging and rewarding
• Pixel perfect retro graphics
• Chiptune soundtrack by Matt Creamer (Retro City Rampage)
• 6 unique playable classes: knight, wizard, knave, archer, tamer and ninja
• Endless loot: tons of weapons, armor and spells
• Face legendary monsters and bosses
• More than a hundred challenging quests to master
• 3 unique game modes
• Compete with your friends on Game Center
What's New in Version 2.0
•3 brand new and completely original characters:
Take aim with the deadly accurate archer
Ride monsters and master their abilities with the versatile Tamer
Kill silently with the lightning-fast Ninja
•Tons of new weapons and additional game skins
Each new character comes with his own arsenal of deadly weapons and a new game skin
•More awesome retro music by Matt Creamer
Unlock an alternative in game track.
•New missions, achievements and leaderboards
Master the new characters missions and take them to the global competition on the leaderboards
Buy this game if:
- You like games like Castlevania, Contra, and Megaman-- lots of enemies to dodge
- You like face-paced gameplay
- You're patient
- You like in-game challenges ("Kill 50 slimes")
- Challenging games are more rewarding than frustrating to you
- You LOVE hack-and-slash gameplay
- You like being able to access every game option without in-app purchases (SEE BELOW!)
- Replay value is something you cherish
Don't buy this game if:
- You like having every character option available to you at the beginning of the game, nothing to unlock
- You don't like to have to put a lot of time in to unlocking new things
- The idea of playing the same bosses over and over again sounds tedious
- You don't like chaotic gameplay
- You hate games that require you to dodge enemies
- You like story-driven games
What the other reviewers said is completely true: you do NOT need in-app purchases for this game unless you don't want to put the time into unlocking things. I would like to see the prices of different classes dropped a little, though. Not by a lot, otherwise you could unlock them too quickly and the game would lose replay value. Just a little.
Awesome game! Never gets boring, love that the different characters have different store items! I can't wait to get the tamer! People say the prices are too high, but I think that it gives you something to work for. People also complain that they are forced to review the game....there are three options! Yes, later, and no! Just because it asks for a review doesn't mean that you have to give it a terrible rating! I love this game, and I hope they keep adding new content. Download it now!
(UPDATE): I bought the Knave, but the name is showing up as the Knight on the Choose your Hero screen! It still plays as the Knave, but it's just kind of annoying not to have the name and picture. When I spent 5000 Fame Points, I thought I was going to get the awesome pixel art too! By the way, I skipped the Wizard because I bought her before, and HER name showed up as the Knight, so I had to redownload my game, lose my progress, and see if the Knave did the same thing. Kind of frustrating! If you have an update for the names, can you make it not delete my progress? Thank you! iPod 4th Gen iOS 6.1.5.
Great game;work with the new characters.
I love slayin, and believe it is one of the best gaming apps out there. I love having to unlock characters and feeling rewarded when I do. I think, however, in the rush to update the game, three new characters' controls are a bit clunky. They're fun and include many great ideas, but it doesn't seem that they fit the style of the game quite right. With the left to right to left playing style and nonstop action in Slayin, you need characters with left to right abilities rather than arched or up/down based actions. I believe that the tamer was done very well and the play style is correct, but is a bit hard to use in such a hectic game. Overall, I'm just asking for the new characters to be tweaked a bit so they're more suitable to the game. Also I have a new character idea if you'd mind taking it into consideration. 1.Warlock: can teleport, may buy spell books to take control of an enemy, etc. Thank you for reading.
P.S. I don't think the prices are too high even though the characters need work. It provides a goal to work for in the game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FDG Mobile Games GbR
- ©2013 FDG Entertainment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bard's Poem$0.99
- Bard's Sonnet$2.99
- Bard's Epic$5.99