Noticing that other "sleep trackers" on the App Store claim to accurately track sleep with Apple Watch automatically — using only your heart rate — is misleading, and a better updated app needed to be an option for Apple Watch. Because our sleep is more complicated than just our heart rate, our movement is also part of the picture. These "auto track" apps don't use motion, as it is something that needs to be processed directly, not in the background on watchOS**. Hence, Sleep Pulse 3 Motion:
Sleep Pulse 3 is the only native Apple Watch app that can additionally support* Nap Tracking with "Power Nap", and Sleep Talk recordings with "Sleep Talk". All trackable from within Sleep Pulse 3!
• Bold Design, the app opens to your last sleep report with your sleep goal, sleep analysis, heart rate, and motion. The new Sleep Goal Ring and Analysis Donut Ring can be tapped for additional information.
• Sleep View, designed to provide context while you sleep including when you went to bed, how long you have been in bed for, and your live heart rate.
• Resting Heart Rate, upon wake your resting heart rate will be measured — a good measurement of your overall health.
• Sensitivity Level, because we all sleep differently and in different places (cars, boats, planes, camping etc) the sensitivity level for analyzing your sleep may be adjusted from the watch app.
• Complication Support, for best use add Sleep Pulse 3 to your watch face with a complication and see how much of your sleep goal you complete each night.
• iPhone Independent, away from your iPhone for a night? No problem Sleep Pulse 3 analyzes your full sleep without your iPhone, when connected it will sync the data. Get your sleep report directly on your Apple Watch.
• Bold Look, Designed to provide a cleaner and clearer look at your sleep with vibrant colors, haptics, large text, sleep ring and sleep analysis charts.
• Sleep Metrics, metrics to explain your sleep include: Light Sleep, Deep Sleep, Restless, Slept Duration, In Bed, Fell Asleep, REM Estimate, Night Steps, Resting Heart Rate, Fell Asleep Heart Rate, Range of Heart Rate, Mode Heart Rate, Average Heart Rate
• Analysis Charts, see a breakdown ratio of how you slept on the sleep analysis donut chart. Also see detail of the type of motion that occurred during your sleep on the motion analysis donut chart.
• Track Trends, track Fell Asleep Duration, Slept Duration, and your Resting Heart Rate changes
• Power Nap Add On, with the "Power Nap with Health Sync" app installed on your device you can now save and track your daily nap durations in Sleep Pulse.
• Sleep Talk Add On, to provide you with potential sleep talk recordings from your night — View the app "Sleep Talk" for more info.
• Sleep Wake Mood, save your sleep mood to the sleep report
watchOS 4 and iOS 11 are required for use, 4.2 and 11.2 are recommended
*Extra purchases required, discounts through the Sleep Better with Watch Bundle*
**Sleep must be started when In Bed, and not before each night, Sleep Pulse's algorithm tracks only sleep and any attempt to try and "auto track" your sleep before being In Bed will provide inaccurate results of your sleep. » Sleep Pulse 3 has no alarm or auto track function, SLEEP MUST BE MANUALLY STARTED WHEN YOU ARE IN BED and stopped from the watch (allows for the most accurate analysis, and fell asleep time), any other app that claims it accurately tracks your sleep automatically with motion is falsely claiming that feature. watchOS 4 requires motion be manually started and stopped — then processed with the app active**
SLEEP PULSE 3 MOTION IS NOT FOR MEDICAL USE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR MONITOR ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Sources: Visit Support for Source Info
App Preview Music Credit:
Cheery Monday Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Introduces a new Wake Mood saving option, scroll to the bottom of each sleep report in the iOS app to save your mood once you are ready for the day.
• Refreshed, wake mood is great and your sleep was better than average.
• Neutral, wake mood is average
• Tired, wake mood is poor but your sleep could have been significantly better.
Ratings and Reviews
No Snake Oil, Minor Inconveniences
To begin I’ve used the apps that automatically “track” your sleep. And I couldn’t agree more with this developers claim that those apps are essentially snake oil lies. I’ve actually done minor research with sleep and though there is no perfect wearable sleep tracker this one is most on par with like a Fitbit.
Yes you must start and stop your sleep with this app, though I believe the developers claims this is mandatory of watchOS and not the app missing out. Yes you must wait a few seconds for the app to process the data each morning. However you can rotate/lower your wrist while doing so and it’s over being you know it.
What the results provide are better than all other options and best part is THEY ARE CLEAR TO READ. The iOS app is phenomenal compared to all the other apps in the design department. Also looking at the real motion data is great too.
In conclusion I wrote a review as usually I don’t because PSA. Any app that doesn’t use motion to track your sleep is more of a lie from an app that does. The best sleep tracking uses brain waves. But motion and heart rate makes for a great combo too. Autosleep is just an autolie. Give this a try if you want detailed info on your sleep.
Many Apps Good Movement Results Live heart best
Tried a bunch of sleep apps for Apple Watch. Ehhh they all so so. I like this one the most as it's the best looking / most simple and actually provides real quantitative results. Just make sure you don’t leave the app while it analyzes for a couple of seconds each morning.
One thing no other sleep tracker has is live use of the heart rate sensor. It actually takes your real live resting heart rate when you wake up. Which is great because I have been wanting to get a better heart rate and my doctor already said measuring it when I wake up was the best way.
Starting to get disappointed
Update 2: For the first 2 weeks the app was working fine. Now EVERY SINGLE DAY when I try to sync the watch with the phone it shows this “motion data not ready” message and asks me to try later. Today I spent the entire day with that message stuck there.
Had to cancel the sync and the app simply copied the sleep data from the night before as if it was the current night...
Update: Sometimes you sleep for a few hours at night. Wake up do something and sleep again in the afternoon. This can happen frequently depending on your job.
A BIG SUGGESTION here:
How about you add up the long afternoon “nap” to the night sleep we had? Adding up all the sleep we had during the 24h of the day. I’d love that. I’m a flight attendant so having single long sleep nights is almost impossible.
Original review: Been using the app for 4 days and I’m liking it a lot. I’m still fighting with the sensitivity tho, not so sure which one is best for me.
I’d LOVE if the app had an alarm setting to wake us up during a light sleep window like some apps do.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.