Do you have trouble sleeping? The Sleep Sounds app will lull you to sleep in no time with a great collection of nature sounds and relaxing music to choose from. Sounds can be played individually or mixed together, with the added ability to adjust each individual volume level to your liking.
In addition to helping you sleep better, these sounds are also perfectly suited for general relaxation and meditation.
• 36 ambient sounds and music. This includes 12 free sounds, with the option to unlock the remaining 24 through the in-app purchase option.
• The ability to either play the sounds individually or play as many sounds together at the same time. There are lots of combinations for you to discover and create many beautiful ambient sound experiences.
• Individual volume control sliders for each sound. This is great for finely tuning your ambient sound mixes.
• A sleep timer option with many preset timer options (ranging from 5 minutes to 8 hours) available. This is a perfect addition for anyone looking to use the app as a sleep aid, once the timer fires, all playing audio will stop to allow your device to go into "sleep mode".
• When the sounds and music are playing, users are able to close the app and do general tasks on their device, such as check emails, browse the internet & use other apps.
Sleep Sounds makes a perfect companion for general relaxation and can be used to help aid sleep. We strongly advise you to check out our in-app upgrade, where you can access more sounds to help further enhance your relaxation experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be a 5 star app...but
This app is really good. I would have given it 5 stars but there’s one thing about it that is irritating and the cause for a lesser rating. When you go to set the timer, advertisements pop up with very loud & startling music that you have to endure until the 5 or 10 second count down is over. I use this app because I need help falling asleep so, when I feel myself getting a bit sleepy I turn on this app to help me drift from sleepy to actually sleeping. Obviously a loud startling advertisement gives the opposite effect. I sent an email to the developers to see if there was an option to purchase a version without ads...no reply. Perhaps they ignored my email altogether. Perhaps they tested this out during a busy day with a lot going on which makes the ads not seem so loud, but in the stillness and quiet of night/bedtime, it’s like getting into your car and turning it on after your teenager used it with the radio blasting. I’ve only had/used this app 3 times, hoping to get used to it but, now I’m on the hunt for a better app.
Hi, sorry - I never came across your email. There is an in-app upgrade that will permanently remove the advertisements & also unlock 24 additional sounds. Please do get back in contact & i'll be more than happy to assist you with this.
This app is perfect for tuning out distractions. I use this when I need to focus for hours on work, reading, studying, and writing. It provides a soothing amount of background noise. I paid for the full version (only a couple of dollars) and it has been worth it. I especially love the train cabin and airplane drone. I set a lower volume for these sounds and layer them with rain, storm, and ocean. My volume preferences are saved so I don't have to reset them every time. The ocean sound is perfect, with waves rumbling on a beach and water rolling back while gently tumbling over rocks. Yes, the graphics are simple, but that is an important quality for something that is supposed to be soothing and relaxing. This app is easy to use and the simple appearance helps to minimize distraction and sets the tone for calming your mind.
Upgrade purchase won't sync between devices
Okay, look, this app is great... but only if I stick to my phone. I purchased the upgrade to remove ads and unlock more sounds on my phone ages ago, but whenever I try to restore the purchase via my iPad, it tries to prompt me to make the purchase all over again. With most apps, if you make a purchase on one device, that also applies to any other devices that use your iCloud account, but that doesn't appear to be the case here. So as I mostly use the unlockable sounds and don't have much use for the free ones by themselves, the iPad app is pretty much a waste of space for me. Please fix this.
- Rory Buckley
- 132.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Rory Buckley
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads and Unlock New Sounds $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.