By Tangerine Element, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SleepMute automatically mutes & unmutes sound. Don't let your computer disrupt a quiet shared space with unwanted alert sounds at all hours of the night, let SleepMute keep the peace!
- Mute and unmute when the screen saver starts, display sleeps, computer sleeps, or computer restart, shutdown, & logoff.
- Fade sound in or out over 1 - 5 seconds.
- Mute or unmute immediately instead of fading.
- Privacy. Stop prying eyes and ears from knowing what you're watching using a Mac OS X hot corner to sleep the display and mute sound.
COMPATIBILITY NOTE: Currently only supports muting startup sound on built-in speakers, not externals.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Pause iTunes after muting
- Play iTunes after unmuting
- Don't mute if iTunes is playing
- No Mac Startup Sound! Mute on logoff, computer, and restart.
- Bug Fixes
Works a little TOO well on my 13" rMacbook Pro
On my 13" MacBook Pro w/Retina it successfully mutes the startup sound, which is great.
But then it doesn't unmute the system, which is less nice. I don't want the whole computer muted every time I startup, just the startup sound.
It would be great if muting the startup sound was a separate option from booting with the entire computer muted.
Would give this 5 stars if it worked as described above.
Did nothing for that startup "DING!"!
I tried using this application to calm the loud startup or reboot DING that Macs unfortunately make.
Simply stated, it did nothing for that, but its many other volume functions may be of use to others.
I used an iMac (Late 2009), running Mountain Lion with latest updates and V 1.1.1 of this application.
Good luck to others. Looks like the author put a lot of hard work into this, but to no avail, at least with rebooting, startups, and crashes.
I cannot speak to any of the many other features of this application, or how it might behave on your hardware.
On MacPro 3,1 does not work / Works great on MacBook Pro
On MacPro 3,1 and 10.8.2 the onboard speaker keeps making starup sound. This is the case even if you have it turned to headphones, the speaker will always sound the startup chime, thought SleepMute would do it, but still no good. I am considering cutting the speaker wires, can't stand that sound.
(This does work great on my MacBook Pro though)