By Tangerine Element, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SleepMute automatically mutes & unmutes sound. Don't let your computer disrupt a quiet shared space with unwanted alert sounds at all hours of the night, let SleepMute keep the peace!
- Mute and unmute when the screen saver starts, display sleeps, computer sleeps, or computer restart, shutdown, & logoff.
- Fade sound in or out over 1 - 5 seconds.
- Mute or unmute immediately instead of fading.
- Privacy. Stop prying eyes and ears from knowing what you're watching using a Mac OS X hot corner to sleep the display and mute sound.
COMPATIBILITY NOTE: Currently only supports muting startup sound on built-in speakers, not externals.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Pause iTunes after muting
- Play iTunes after unmuting
- Don't mute if iTunes is playing
- No Mac Startup Sound! Mute on logoff, computer, and restart.
- Bug Fixes
Controls sound for display sleep and screensaver on Yosemite perfectly
This app is exactly what I was looking for! I work from home and I’ve been manually muting my laptop before locking my screen when stepping away for lunch or after work. That worked fine of course, but I’d always forget to unmute in the morning. This app just works: sounds are gently muted when the display sleeps and then gently unmuted when reactivated.
On MacPro 3,1 does not work / Works great on MacBook Pro
On MacPro 3,1 and 10.8.2 the onboard speaker keeps making starup sound. This is the case even if you have it turned to headphones, the speaker will always sound the startup chime, thought SleepMute would do it, but still no good. I am considering cutting the speaker wires, can't stand that sound.
(This does work great on my MacBook Pro though)
Simple but works. Yosemite compatible
When your Mac goes to sleep, this little program kicks in. NO more annoying audio when it’s supposed to be sleep/quiet time.