Love knitting beautiful accessories? Do you enjoy creating thoughtful, hand knitted gifts for loved ones? Are you looking for a knitting app with lots of unique, free patterns to have on-the-go?
The Sleepy Eyes Knits app offers over 15 FREE knitting patterns by designer Gina House/SleepyEyes in all levels of difficulty, yarn weight and type, including the popular Amanda Hat pattern (knit over 2500 times!).
* Free patterns with preview pictures, skill difficulty and yarn weight
* Yarn Gauge Chart
* 6 In App patterns and 2 Book purchases (NEW!)
* Useful knitting blog posts
* Search for patterns by skill difficulty, yarn weight and yarn company (UPDATED!)
* Knitting Podcast
* Ability to download free patterns from your portable device to your computer
* Helpful links
* Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) section
* Beautiful, full color photographs of designs from "Dreamscape" and "Wonderlace" books
* Knitting tutorials
* Option of purchasing "Dreamscape" and "Wonderlace" books directly to your device.
Visit Gina House/SleepyEyes at:
* All 6 in-app patterns and Dreamscape book to purchase are still ON SALE!
* NEW "Mari Lace Cowl" pattern
* NEW Wonderlace Book for purchase
* Updated pattern search (all three sections)!
* Links Page and link problems fixed
* Blog and Podcast links fixed
Ratings and Reviews
A decent start -- could be better
This app isn't bad, but it could be better. It has a lot of content, which is good, but the functionality is lacking. The pattern list, for example, just has photos & names. No indication of skill level, no way to sort the list, etc. I did find a separate list of the patterns organized by skill level, but it wasn't linked to the patterns -- it was just a text list. Not so helpful. What REALLY annoyed me and ultimately drove me to delete the app was the audio. Why announce each section as I click on it?? I didn't see a way to turn that off, and I didn't want to mute my iPad each time I used the app, so it's gone.
This app is very accessible and well designed. I can tell a lot of love an hard work went into its creation. The free patterns that are included in the app are great! One has been in my Ravelry queue and it will be nice to access the pattern on the go! The pictures are so lovely too!
This is a wonderful app for knitters!!
What a professional, friendly, charming app. I love having all my Sleepy Eyes connections in one place. Free patterns! The knitting gauge guide is great. The photography for Dreamscape is stunning. I cannot wait for Wonderlace...particularly the Beauty Shawl. My only complaint...which is more of a request: more podcasts, please!
- Ian House
- 28.2 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ian House
- In-App Purchases
- Dreamscape $4.99
- Radiance Lace Headbands $0.99
- Lotus Heart Socks $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.