The sequel to the acclaimed and multi award-winning game Slice Fractions - Best of 2014 and Editor’s choice of the Apple Store.
Help Mammoth get his stolen hat back with the support of new creatures that move, multiply and reveal hidden fractions. Embark on a surprising journey in this puzzle game designed for children 6-12-year-old.
• Learn fraction concepts without words
• Experience an activity designed with researchers at a Canadian university (UQAM)
• Solve over 100 unique physics puzzles in 3 colorful worlds
• Find and collect friendly pets that follow you in your adventure
• Play in a safe, digital environment: no ads or in-app purchases
• A UQAM study has shown the original Slice Fractions significantly improved students performances by +10,5% on the standard test “Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study” (TIMSS) after only 3 hours of gameplay
• An approach based on visual representations and manipulatives that improves kids’ conceptual understanding of fractions
• Part-whole partitioning
• Numerator / Denominator notation
• Equivalent fractions
• Fraction multiplication
• Finding the common denominator
• Fractions bigger than 1
Slice Fractions 2 is based on the following Common Core concepts: (2.G.A.2) (2.G.A.3) (3.NF.A.1) (3.NF.A.3) (4.NF.A.1) (4.NF.B.3) (4.NF.B.4) (5.NF.A.1) (5.NF.B.3).
Slice Fractions and Slice Fractions 2 are complementary and cover different learning concepts inspired by the Common Core. No preliminary knowledge of fractions is required.
For the complete learning experience get the Slice Fractions Bundle.
We produce fun and pedagogically sound video games. We strive to ensure that these games are intuitive and will lead to profound conceptual learning. We believe we can push the limits of game-based learning.
• Website: www.ululab.com
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/Ululab
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/Ululab
• Newsletter: www.ululab.com/newsletter
Your feedback is much appreciated, so please feel free to provide suggestions for future updates. If something isn't working as you would expect, please contact us: www.ululab.com/contact
Ratings and Reviews
Help Mammoth solve puzzles and learn about fractions.
My 10 year daughter hated math before slice fractions. She loved the first version long before she knew it was a math game! Now with slice fractions 2 she knows it’s math & is practicing so she can race her younger brother who is a much better math student. The change in creatures, settings, & reward hats are awesome. Would like to see problems get a little harder each time you finish & restart the game (for each individual player) and would pay more for that feature - multiple individual players each progress at own pace! Please don’t stop - we are looking forward to version 3, 4, 5..... My son & I raced on this app (he is 8) and he beat me by almost 5 minutes!
We all love it
Thank you so much for your comment, hearing about this kind of experience from families really motivates us! I also took note of your idea of making the game harder on each playthrough. Best, Francois
Fantastic math learning game
We love this app. The game is fun and interesting, requires no previous knowledge of topic, and teaches all necessary content within the app. What is even better is that it allows for creative problem solving, as it is possible to solve (at least) some puzzles in more than just one way, as long as the answer is correct. My 6yo likes to play this app for fun, and she has learned a lot about Fractions.
- Ululab inc.
- 398.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ululab inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.