Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Easy reading on the Mac
"The Most Innovative Reading App Yet on the Mac, 9/10" -- Mac Appstorm
"This. is. awesome" -- Brett Terpstra
Slicereader is a simple app that makes it so comfortable to read, it's addictive. Slicereader was designed to help you focus on what you're reading. It slices up your text into paragraphs, and shows them one at a time using a beautiful, large font on a clean page. For reading what's important to you, start using Slicereader today.
What's New in Version 0.3
- Support for Fountain! Fountain is a plaintext syntax for writing screenplays.
- Now all windows restore after slicereader is restarted
- Resume reading where you left off. All restored windows remember last read paragraph
- View much more text on one page while in fullscreen mode!
- Slicereader no longer resets Night mode on restart
- Paste Plaintext, Markdown and Fountain into the text area. Super easy syntax selection.
- Better font support, now Italics, Bold and Bold Italics use proper fonts
- Fullscreen can now be entered / exited using standard Cmd-Ctrl-F (Standard shortcut)
- Fixed small natural movement issue where, sometimes Slicereader would move to next paragraph before showing full last line
- Fixed Multi-level blockquotes rendering issue
- Fixed Figures that were not being displayed centered
- Text entry dialog now has ample margins if you ever want to type there
- .markdown extension files
Wonderful reading app - really makes reading easy again
This creative program has really helped my reading - being able to focus again on the text and content in an easy and simple way. Really has positivley influenced my comprehension and focus. Make sure to install a bookmarklet in your browser bookmarks bar for easy access - for example in Safari I have it as the 7th link in bookmarks bar and a simple CMD-7 opens the text in Slicereader and i can focus and read comfortably.
Gotta do full screen and night mode - that makes it even better. Only thing on my wish list is for the app to go full screen automatically.
Good, but needs improvement
This is a great idea, and enjoy reading in it, but there are few problems. Long paragraphs don't work well. You scroll through them (seemingly) a line at a time until you hit the next paragraph--it looks a little ugly and is hard to follow with your eyes. Also, images do show up generally, but outside of showing any text, which can make it hard to compare any image to the text that may be describing it. I'd prefer to see images completely outside the main window (possibly like a slideshow or filem strip) so that I can view them and text at the same time.
Abandonware? Has clear shortcomings that aren’t getting fixed.
TL;DR: Don’t waste your money. This “Innovative Reading App” fails to display much of the text, and thus fails outright as a reading app.
The premise of this app is great. Now let’s move on to the reality:
• The window doesn’t resize.
• The app displays one paragraph at a time, but **large paragraphs fall outside of the window and cannot be read**. This fault is due partly to the window not being able to be resized (see above). This fault is also due to the app not allowing you to scroll up or down to see the missing text.
The app hasn’t been updated in some time, and I suspect it is abandonware to make a quick buck and then ditch upkeep. As it stands, the app fails to allow users to read the text in many situations; and for an app whose raison d’etre is to help users to read text, that is a giant FAIL.
I cannot recommend this app to anyone, although I wish I were able to. Don’t waste your money until the developer gets it together and fixes these serious blunders.