SLICR, the World's First Visual Waveform Drum Pad + Beat Maker for iPad and iPhone
- Turn your iOS device into a professional sample slicing & chopping, beat making & music production tool
- Slice, Sample & Remix your song library, DJ, Compose, & Share your creations!
Join the community, share Kits. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
// KIT + SLICE CREATOR
Use the Kit Creator to automatically slice and chop your music library with 1 tap to inspire new ideas.
// HEAR & SEE SOUNDS with WAVE VIEW
Slicr is the first drum machine sampler to feature a Wave View, which allows you to easily distinguish sounds on pads and read waveforms. Slicr includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including 4 banks of sample & slices, built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences, loops and record beats.
Collect more than 600 free high-quality, professionally recorded samples of knocking drums, luscious synths, smooth bass and 808s for Electronic, Trap & Hip-Hop from renowned DJs / Producers like MR. CARMACK and DECAP or import sounds from your iTunes Library & Dropbox.
Use up to three slicing modes to repurpose your music library and your own custom sample collection for remixes and sample chopped beats. Combine your chops with Slicr Sounds and you’re ready to make beats like Kanye!
• Region Slice Mode - chop a sample into equally sized slices.
• Auto Slice Mode - detect and intelligently position slice points within a sample.
• Manual Mode - swipe to place slice markers directly on the waveform.
• Sample from music library or import your own library
• Import via Dropbox, iTunes or record from your device's mic input.
• Use 64 Wave View drum pads for real-time sequencing.
• Exclusive free Slicr Sounds & Mr.Carmack sound packs.
• More than 600 samples and 10 template songs
• Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers
• Simple drag and drop sound selection with audio preview
• Built-in effects: delay, distortion, reverb
• One shot/Hold mode: cutoff the sound when you lift off the device
• Choke Groups: A pad’s sample will cut off another sample if its in the same choke group
• Resample Slicr's DJ effects back into your pads.
• Route FX to individual slices (ex. Apply reverb to pad 1)
• Share your Slicr Kits and selections with Slicr’s Kit Feed
• Pitch slices up and down for classic sampler pitching
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Loop queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Quantize Time correct: 1/4 note – 1/32
• Glitch Master effect - 1/16 - 1/4
• Delay Fade Master effect
• Highpass and Lowpass Filter Master effect
• Varispeed pitching with Lock and Drop (pitch drop 1/1 - 1/4) modes
• Change the colors of the pads to your liking
• No matter which iOS device you use, Slicr adapts to your screen size
• Export your loop based arrangement in real-time in DJ mode.
• Transfer recordings to your computer via iTunes
// SEE YOUR MUSIC LIBRARY
Utilize your iTunes Library and Dropbox of songs for remixing! Import songs from your iTunes Library, Dropbox, Slicr sound packs, and your own ".wav" samples to the “CRATE”. Then collect and edit snippets of songs for reuse in sample based beats, remixes and mashups.
// EXPERT CONTROLS
Applying and routing reverb, delay and distortion can be done to a single slice or to multiple slices. Add some smoothness and control with the one-shot/hold mode and choke groups.
TIP: One common approach is to crop a sample to 1 bar, before cutting it with regions mode across 4 pads. Then add the 4 pads to the same choke group in one-shot mode.
// FEEDBACK + SUPPORT:
Go to Support URL below (www.facebook.com/slicrapp), tap on the Send Email button.
For manual, tutorials, feature requests: www.facebook.com/slicrapp
Thanks for using Slicr. Version 184.108.40.206 has several bug fixes! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly!
- Continued performance improvements.
+ Our new Dropbox features allows you to login to Dropbox to download files from your DropBox account. Keep digging for samples anywhere!
+ Use your device's mic to slice and dice sounds from the real world. Capture any sound anywhere.
+ Create Drum Kits and slice samples from your Crate and Slicr Sounds with 1 tap. Load up your crate with Dropbox then go to Kits>Kit Creator, choose a type then start jamming!
Please email info@Beatshoplabs.com for any questions and feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Cool, but crashy.
Lots of good ideas in this app. Good layout. Good sounds.
Update: the devs fixed the app, mostly. I can record now. It’s a very good idea. Much like an MPC in functionality. The slicing is pretty easy and you can slice to pads quickly. 4 banks of 16 pads allows for quite a bit of versatility.
Effects are decent, and easy to assign to pads. You can pitch individual pads, or all of them at once, which is nice.
Still has a few bugs. Quantization seems to be a tad spotty. Also crashed on me again, but not after recording. Was a different thing entirely.
Really needs AudioShare compatibility. Only iTunes is supported currently.
Also needs a tune mode so that you can play a sound as an instrument across the pads, like iMPC.
Overall, a great idea that is still having kinks worked out.
No question it will be worth the price when fleshed out.
Hi Solomon, If you check out the new update we released today, it should fix that recording bug that had something to do with iOS11. We also added a few optimizations so it should be running smoothly.
Could be a lot more than it is if it were just properly debugged
Seems like it could do a lot if it didn’t crash every few minutes. Also a lot of boneheaded oversights; for example, after giving access to everything it asked for, it said it didn’t have access, and to check the settings. What settings? There is no settings option on the menu. If you're going to charge people for your software, that makes you a professional, so act like a professional and debug this mess.
Slice up samples on iPhone
No other app can sample your iTunes library and automatically generate slices on each pad. Great for chopping up samples!
I had an issue with the app when I downloaded it, but customer service answered my email and fixed the bug in their next update. Great support!
- Beatshop Labs, LLC
- 148.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright Beatshop Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Slicr Drums Free
- Slicr Loops Free
- Slicr Loops Vol.2 Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.