Get the most out of your Sling devices and turn your iPhone into a TV with Slingplayer for iPhone. With a Sling device at home and Slingplayer on your iPhone, enjoy live or recorded TV over 3G, 4G, or WiFi. Take control of your TV and DVR from your mobile device. Flip through channels with the virtual remote control. Pause, fast-forward, rewind, and even schedule DVR recordings.
•Watch and control your live and recorded TV shows anywhere, anytime – in up to Full HD.
•No blocked shows or games in any location. Watch your favorite shows and sports on all the channels you subscribe to, even when you’re overseas.
•Never miss a final episode or live event. View them when you want, where you want, and become the spoiler in your social group.
•Play and schedule DVR recordings.
•Watch on a second TV anywhere via Apple TV® and Roku®.
•Enjoy full hand-off to Roku – multi-task while watching with your Roku, even take phone calls.
•No monthly fees.
- iPhone (iOS 7.0+)
- iPod touch (iOS 7.0+)
COMPATIBLE SLING DEVICES:*
- Slingbox M1
- SLINGBOX 500
- SLINGBOX 350
- SLINGBOX PRO-HD
- SLINGBOX SOLO
* Slingplayer for iPhone may work on certain Sling devices prior to SOLO and PRO-HD, in certain configurations. Technical support is not available for such usage. For more details, please refer to the Sling compatibility guide at http://support.sling.com/KB/KB-2000121. If you own a prior-generation Sling, you may be eligible to receive an upgrade discount on a supported model. Please visit http://www.sling.com/upgrade for details.
If you are a DISH Network customer, the following devices are NOT compatible with the Slingplayer app. Please download the free DISH Anywhere app.
- Hopper with Sling receiver
- Hopper receiver
- VIP 922 receiver
- Sling Adapter
Watch and control video sources such as:
- Cable set-top box and DVR
- Satellite set-top box and DVR
- Telco / IPTV set-top box and DVR
- Basic cable
- Digital Over-the-Air broadcasts (Slingbox PRO-HD only)
- Home security cameras
- Blu-ray/DVD players
To learn more about Sling, please visit http://www.sling.com.
Note: While the Slingplayer app is available for download in all countries, Sling hardware is required, and is only available for purchase from authorized resellers in the following countries: United States, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City. Hardware warranty and technical support is only provided in the country where the Slingbox purchase is made, and only if the purchase was from an authorized reseller. For more information, please refer to your locale's Sling Warranty.
In a major revamp, this version brings SlingPlayer experience in line with the latest usability developments (but without the pesky ads that pay for SlingPlayer Basic).
- radical rework of the User Interface - get your TV faster, simpler, smarter
- portrait mode video: watch a program and learn more about it at the same time
- recommended content in the Gallery: discover more programs to love!
- enhanced Program Guide now supports filers for sports, movies, shows, etc.
Quality and compatibility:
- the new app fully supports iOS 12 and iPhone X
- deprecated Facebook integration has been completely removed
- multiple bug fixes
- users outside of US and Canada can no longer favorite a channel. Sorry, we just could not get it to work with your local guide. We hope all the improvements make up for it :-)
Ratings and Reviews
Latest Update Missing Feature?
Overall, great app and worth every penny. I’ve had years of enjoyment with this app & hardware.
However, with the recent interface change/update to the app, they seemed to have eliminated the descriptions of programs in the Guide menu. This is frustrating when it comes to programming such as sports match-ups, movie & TV descriptions. I need to bop out to some other site to see what’s on. Granted, I could painstakingly click my way through the virtual remote to find a description. But, that kind of defeats the efficacy of having a favorite channels filter.
How about re-adding that feature?
HDMI hook up doesn’t work with iPhone anymore after a decade!!
Used my slingbox constantly hooked up in my car via hdmi to my iPhone. Now it barely works. Have to turn my phone side ways and it it doesn’t fill the big screen on my radio anymore it’s projected to. The older versions worked great, want to roll it back to old version how do we do that? This is terrible. You have to turn your screen sideways too to get to the remote icon too. Wow! It’s like hide and seek with this app. Start over.
Fails frequently with CarPlay and random crashed
On iOS 12 when in Audio only mode and attached to CarPlay as soon an something else grabs the Audio the app disconnects. To start app another Audio app has to be running and then the app can start and play audio until another CarPlay app (message, phone) takes the audio. When the app fails to start you need the kill it before you can start it again.
- Sling Media
- 70.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Sling Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.