By Stephen Celis
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sharing in a snap: as simple as drag, drop, paste.
• Take a screen shot and paste the link: ⇧⌘4 + ⌘V
• Or drag and drop a file, picture, or selected text onto the Slingshot icon
Slingshot automatically uploads to a service of your choice so you can spend less time fussing over sharing something and more time fussing over that something itself.
• Share screen captures, files, or your clipboard.
• Choose your own upload service—Dropbox for anything, Imgur for images (you can upload to Imgur anonymously or use an Imgur account)
• Link directly to your upload or to a web page that embeds it
• Drag and drop pictures, files, or text to share
• Automatically share screen shots as you take them
• Automatically move those screen shots to the Trash or a directory of your choice after successful uploads
• On/off upload toggle (sometimes you want to share, sometimes you don’t)
• Start Slingshot automatically when your computer starts up
• A system service provides right-click access to share from the Finder, your web browser, and other applications
• Assign custom keyboard shortcuts
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Bug fixes and tweaks, 2nd ed.:
• Let’s not upload screen shots if a custom shortcut is set, OK?
• Things should now be slightly speedier for Dropbox users.
I typically don't rate apps, but this one is great enough to encourage me to take the time to rate it.
Apart from being incredibly simple, I haven't found a glitch or bug with it yet. I was also delighted to see the downsize retina screenshot option!