Slopes: Skiing & Snowboarding GPS Tracker
By Consumed by Code
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your edge and relive your best days with Slopes. Whether you're at a local resort or deep in the Alps, Slopes gives you all the bragging rights you need about your days hunting fresh powder. Track speed, vertical, distance, lift vs trail time, and more, all while going easy on your phone's battery.
Featured by Apple, SlashGear, Wearable, Engadget, and more. Here's why:
• Runs and lifts are automatically detected as you ride
• Battery friendly - ride hard and record all day
• Recording works deep in the backcountry without an internet connection
• Live stats on your phone and your Apple Watch
• Hands-free control with Siri on your iPhone and Watch
The Best Recaps
• Unique timeline view of your day with interactive map
• Stat breakdowns for each run and lift you took
• Replay your runs in 3D with speed heat maps
• Track your season totals and lifetime vertical
• Attach photos and notes to your activities
• Integrates with Apple's Health app to report workouts and calories burned
• With iOS10+ and watchOS 3+, get Activity Ring credit at the end of your day
Show Off Your Activities
• Show off by sharing your day's stats on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using customizable images
• Export your day's activities to Google Earth and other apps back on your computer
Import Old Activities
• Import past activities from GPX files, KMZ files, or other tracker apps
• Use iTunes File Sharing to bring in multiple activities all at once
Upgrade with a Slopes Pass and know everything about your days:
• Unlimited run and lift stat breakdowns
• Premium terrain and satellite maps on the run and lift breakdowns
• Live run-by-run breakdown of stats while recording
• Automatic lift naming at supported resorts (over 200 world-wide and counting, more every week!)
• Single-use, "Trip Pass" (one week), and Season Pass subscription (one year) options available.
If you purchase a Season Pass, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Renewals will be charged 24 hours prior to the end of your current Season Pass. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time in your iTunes Store settings. The current price for the Season Pass is $19.99USD per year and may vary from country to country.
Terms of Service: https://getslopes.com/terms.html
Note: GPS is required so iPads and iPods will not be able to use Slopes. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Other factors such as the phone's temperature, battery health, and other apps running in the background can also affect battery performance. All-day battery life was tested on an iPhone 5.
What's New in Version 2.6
The season might be winding down, but I'm squeezing one last awesome update in while I can.
- Support for Siri on Apple Watch. Start / pause / resume / and end your workouts, hands-free!
- Passholders: when a resort supports lift naming (over 200 world-wide and counting!), the terrain map now shows all lifts at a resort not just the ones you took. This really helps orient your day on the mountain like tree-lines do on the satellite map.
- Tweaked the Watch resort select screen to bring focus to resorts you frequent.
- In adding Siri support on Apple Watch, overall syncing with the phone has been improved.
- International users: Slopes will now use "5min" instead of "5m" so times without an hour or second component don't look like meter measurements.
- Tapping on the Today Widget now launches Slopes.
- Fixed cases where lifts that ran close to each other would cause incorrect matches.
- Fixed merging to make sure it stops earlier if it looks like could be an error leading to data loss.
- Made save logic more resilient to protect against data corruption / loss.
- Fixed a case where after a merge you'd be taken back to the activity list instead of the activity itself.
Fantastic Ski Tracking App
I used this at Mt. Sunapee resort for the first time yesterday. The app is very polished and does exactly what it's supposed to. The Apple Watch version is also very good. I can tell the developer put a lot of thought and care into this project. The app tracks the amount of time you spent going downhill, riding the lift uphill, and resting. It will even estimate calories burned and add it to the Health app. The optional in app purchase model for advanced stats works well. You can use the app without purchasing a pass, but the price for a day is very reasonable and allows you to track more information about your day while supporting the developer for making this great app. I've used other ski tracking apps and this is the best I've used so far by a long shot.
Best app I have used for tracking skiing! Plus the customer service is top notch. Had a slight issue purchasing the pass and we had quick and excellent communication. Downloaded it for the whole family. We love comparing our top speeds and where we hit them daily. This is a must have app if you want to see your day on a map!
Amazing app and support
App is easy to use, accurate and amazing if you unlock everything with a session pass.
Moreover it has great and quick support with fast updates taking advantage of the latest iOS features coming from (what seems like) one fellow developer on the US East Coast. And did I mention stickers?
Good job! Keep the updates coming!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 65.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Consumed by Code
- © 2013 Consumed by Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trip Pass$4.99
- Single Ticket$1.99
- Season Pass$19.99
- Season Pass - One Month$8.99
- Season Pass - One Year$19.99
- Season Pass - Upgrade to One Year$10.99