Slopes: Track skiing & snowboarding speed + vertical and other stats using GPS
By Consumed by Code
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your edge on the mountain with Slopes.
Slopes is the perfect companion app for skiers and snowboarders, designed and built by an avid snowboarder. Record your days hunting fresh powder, then when you're done check your stats and even interact with your runs in 3D.
• *New* Apple Watch app - daily totals for top speed, vertical, and distance with mini run-by-run comparisons
• *New* Apple Watch glance - see time spent on lifts vs shredding downhill
• No watch? That's ok! See live stats on your lock screen through a today widget
• Pebble smart watch companion app for basic live stats
• Runs and lifts are automatically detected as you ride
• Battery friendly - ride hard and record all day
• Track calories burned by enabling fitness tracking and HealthKit integration
• M7 support for even more accurate wipeout detection
• Works deep in the backcountry without cell reception
• Run-by-run breakdown of your stats
• Terrain map showing each run from your day
• Replay your runs in 3D with speed heat maps, right on your phone
• Track your season totals
• Attach photos and notes to your activities
Show Off Your Activities
• Share your day's stats with an awesome 3d map of your day on Facebook and Twitter
• Export your day's activities to Google Earth back on your computer
Import Old Activities
• Import past activities from GPX files, KMZ files, or directly from files saved by the Ski Tracks app
• Use iTunes File Sharing to bring in multiple activities all at once
Note: GPS is required so iPads and iPods will not be able to use Slopes. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Other factors such as the phone's temperature, battery health, and other apps running in the background can also affect battery performance. All-day battery life was tested on an iPhone 5.
Have questions or feedback? I'd love to hear from you: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.5.0
Apple Watch support!
• The glance lets you see time spent on lifts vs shredding downhill, live.
• The app lets you see your top speed, vertical, and distance for the day.
• There's a mini run-by-run comparison graph for each of those stats, too.
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote control for Slopes. Pause/resume and even start recording without having to take out your phone.
Plus some other nice enhancements:
• Added iTunes file sharing so you can import multiple files at once.
• Added total vertical and distance labels for runs in the 3d view.
• Improved detection of breaks when you forget to pause.
• Huge speed improvement when re-launching the app after a long pause.
I'd love to hear how else you'd like to see Slopes work on your Apple Watch, send me some feedback in-app. As always a rating in the App Store helps a ton if you appreciate all the hard work to get you awesome new features on day one. Thanks!
Great App; used all Winter all over Montana
I love the app! Fun way to track miles, vertical feet and calories over the Winter season. The one problem, I tried beating my GS speed run after run, and this app may have convinced me to get a new set of sticks. That certainly will cost more than the app. Be nice if it had a magic battery, as using the GPS (in areas with no cell signal) does run it down quickly. I like the feature to auto add photos taken during the day to the album for the day’s runs.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 10, 2015
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Consumed by Code
- © 2013 Consumed by Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.