Slower Shutter - a Long Exposure Calculator for photographers
By Michael Wong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FEATURED TWO TIMES IN ITUNES PHOTOGRAPHY FOR PROFESSIONALS COLLECTIONS.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP IS NOT A CAMERA APP. THIS APP DOES NOT CONTROL YOUR CAMERA.
Slower Shutter is the long exposure calculator that is a must-have for any landscape photographer who is shooting with ND filters to slow down the movement in their photo.
Simply enter the shutter speed for an exposure without a ND filter and then select the strength of your ND filter. Slower Shutter will then calculate the correct shutter speed for the correct long exposure time for up to 16 stops of ND.
"Slower Shutter is my favorite app to figure out the shutter speed for my long exposure photos.”
"If you are into landscape photography or long exposures at all… THIS IS THE APP FOR YOU!"
"Slower Shutter is an awesome new iOS app from my friend Mike Wong. He set out to create the simplest and most awesome long exposure photography calculator...I think he was successful."
SCOTT WYDEN KIVOWITZ
"I could have made a few educated guesses about the right exposure time using the ND filter, but it was really helpful to have the Slower Shutter app to do that bit of thinking for me."
- Built-in Timer. Includes a countdown timer to help you know how long your shutter should be open.
- Supports up to 16 stops of ND so you can stack your ND filters
- Countdown timer works in the background & alerts you when there are 10 seconds remaining
- Animated circular progress bar
- Supports iOS 9 and the new system font, San Francisco
- No advertisements
- Optimized for iPhone 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
For instructions on how to use Slower Shutter to calculate a long exposure time, please visit my site at http://untitledapps.com/use-slower-shutter/
From within the app, you can tap the i button to get instructions if necessary.
This app has been built by a photographer for photographers. Feel free to contact me if you find a bug or have a suggestion. I value your feedback.
Your DSLR or Mirrorless camera can cover the shutter speeds up to and including 30 seconds. After that, set your camera to Bulb mode & connect your manual cable release. Use the included timer in Slower Shutter to know how long to leave your shutter open.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Brought back the Start and Stop buttons to start and stop the timer
- Cleaned up the app icon's mask
- Minor user interface bug fix that affected iPhone 6s Plus users