Sluggard - Sit Less
By Michael Samoylov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
World's most powerful health app aimed to fight "sitting disease". Perform exercises during the day to reduce the risks of sedentary lifestyle.
● SIT LESS: We've built Sluggard to prompt users to stand after a period of sitting.
● GET ACTIVE: Sluggard will challenge you to perform a random exercise from the predefined list.
● BECOME HEALTHIER AND STRONGER: After a few weeks of using Sluggard you will feel much better.
● TRACK PROGRESS: Pretty soon you will notice that you are able to perform more and more reps in a set. Maybe it's time to move your fitness level to the right?
● DEVELOP COMMITMENT: Train your muscles by consistently performing exercises day by day, week by week. That consistency will improve your character.
● Configurable list of exercises. You don't like crunches? Just remove them from the list.
● Precisely calculated number of reps according to your age, sex and fitness level.
● Verbose history to track your progress.
● Configurable period of time between exercises. You can set 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
The app will be available for free in March.
● Hopefully fixed the bug randomly crashing the app running in the background. Thanks to all reporters!
● Changed the application icon. Do you like it more than the previous one? Please don't hesitate sharing your opinion with email@example.com
Sometimes all it takes is a reminder...
This app is great. As someone who makes my living on my computer, and lives in a place with dreary winters, it can be dufficult at best to remember to exercise. There are other apps out there that remind you to “move”, but I find that the objective oriented approach this app takes is much more effective.
In addition, the developer is very responsive — I was having a crashing issue and a couple days after emailing him, the fix was up.